cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoiced items not on PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to do an invoice reduction for items that are invoiced by a vendor but not on the PO? Can we do an invoice reduction directly form MIRO without ajdusting the PO or adding the parts to the PO?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which invoice reduction you are talking about on the below two:

- > Invoice Reduction is basically reversing the invoice for what not received.

Eg: GR 100 - Invoice - 200. So reverse the 100 as invioce reduction wihile invoice the 200. This will create a credit memo automatically for the 100.

- > Adjusting the over invoiced value.

Eg: Actual invoice value: 100. Invoiced value: 200. We can do a subsequent credit to reduce the invoice value.

In the first case, it won't affect the inventory value and in the second case, it will affect the inventory value.

Direct posting on the Vendor means direct posting of the G/L accounts. Then it means the G/L account should allow direct posting. Please check the transaction FS00 for the direct posting in the GL account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If my GR and PO are for 100 items A and I'm billed for 100 items A and 50 items B, how can I do an invoice reduction (credit memo/claim) to the vendor using MIRO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This scenario does not make sense to me and I'm not even sure it's possible with SAP. If I understand your example you have the following:

1) PO with one line item A a quantity of 100

2) GR for your PO for line item A for a quantity of 100

2) the vendor sends an invoice for line item A for 100 and line item B for 50

3) If you are entering the invoice using MIRO, I was not aware it was possible to enter a line item that is not associated with a PO?

4) Why would you want to enter an invoice for a material that is not on the PO and has not been GRd?

5) As far as inventory goes - IRs do not affect the inventory - it will affect the inventory value but in terms of the actual quantity you have in stock the IR does not have anything to do with that. Then again not sure how that works if the item was never received into inventory in the first place.

One option would be to return the invoice to the vendor and have them create a correct invoice.

Sandra

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can not post like that . The reference documents for the MIRO are either a PO item or a delivery note etc.Means you can not reduce or post for a item which is not there in the PO.It is against to the purchasing standards,.however you can reduce the vendor sent invoice for an item which is there in the PO.

You can try direct posting to vendor through FI transactions.

Regards,

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible.Check note 1559145

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I add the value in the unplanned delivery cost, it is posting to the inventory and I cannot claim this billied item back to the vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an unplanned cost line at the header level of MIRO details tab.

Sandra