cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate data loads from SPM UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to automate data loads from SPM UI, so wondering if anyone else have implemented something similar.

There are several steps which I identified require manual intervention and not sure if SAP provides some support to automate these (or maybe someone created custom code and can guide me how to replicate that logic):

1. Data receiving: Manual step to complete file categorization (I have to edit file properties, 1 by 1, and manually set the correct Data Type and Source System. This is not done automatically even when the standard names for the files were not changed)

2. Data load to inbound layer: As we have no infopackages, transformations or DTP, I cannot include the step in a process chain node and schedule.

3. Once data load to inbound layer is complete, I manually have to check the validation result state and manual pass if necessary

4. I manually have to trigger the Send to Classification Process

5. I manually have to trigger the Release process

I am expecting to see a way all these can become automate so we need to take actions only in case of errors. Has anyone been able to do this / develop a custom solution to do this?.

Any clue is appreciatted!

Thanks,

Claudia.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you able to manually release the same files ?

Release to repoting should happen if there are no errors or warnings in the previous stages of data load(validation and classification stages) . Please check if there were any errors or warnings .

Another point to check would be to see if the user has the permissions . pls refer to the SPm guide for the required permissions in the data mnagement chapter.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes I can release the files manually.

In the settings we have set warning messages to be ignored. So all the files have status load and validated with 100% progess and green status light.

Anything als we have to do for the release to be triggered automatically?

Thanks again,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

To release uploads automatically, there needs to be no errors or warnings. You can configure you system so that all warnings are ignored, if you wish. You also need to consider the following:

Automatic release of scheduled uploads to the reporting layer is turned off for all upload types by default, and the process will instead be actively monitored. If you wish to trigger the release automatically for all/some upload types, the flag AUTO_PC in table OPMDM_TYPES can be set to 'X' for the relevant upload types. If you wish to do this for an upload type whose field CHAIN_ID (in the same table, OPMDM_TYPES) is empty, you will need to enter a process chain ID in CHAIN_ID. THis can be a dummy process chain that does not do anything

Keep in mind that with this scenario if an upload type of a certain type fails to load to the inbound, this could effect the transformations of other types that succeded, and this is an area where it could be advantageous to first check over the status and then manually release. You may wish to consider whether all types should release automatically, or whether those with dependencies (especially transaction data) should be manually released.

Regards,

claudia.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am picking up on this thread, as we also have problems with automation of the load processes.

We do not use classification process.

We have scheduled the loads to run during night time. The upload into the inbound layer works just fine.

All loads have green status. Yet the release for reporting does not start automatically.

Is there any additional setting we have to maintain to get the data released automatically after it was successfully loaded into the inbound layer?

Thanks in advance,

Tobias