cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SAP entry in Athentication after installing the Integration Kit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For a client i have installed BO XI 3.1 SP3 and the according SAP integration kit on a 32Bit Unix system. this went well, but I am missing the SAP entry in the Authentication menu in the (EDIT: Cms) CMC.

Offcourse I've seen loads of simular threads and I have read most of them, but without any luck.

I installed Java JRE 1.4.2

I have placed the SAP JCO files (what I think are ) the corect locations:

librfccm.so and libsapjcorfc.so are placed in the <installation>/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86 folder

sapjco.jar is placed in <installation>/bobje/tomcat/common/lib

I created the environment variables

CLASSPATH=<installation>/bobje/tomcat/common/lib/sapjco.jar

LD_LIBRARY_PATH<installation>/bobje/enterprise120/linux_x86

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/bin/j2re1.4.2_19

I rebooted the server a view times without any luck. I think the problem ight be that I used the SAP Jco 2.1.10 instead of the advised 2.1.8. Although I'd really like to replace the 2.1.10 files with the 2.1.8 files, I can't find the 2.1.8 files on service.sap.com/connectors.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

EDIT: I also added the entru to the service file in /etc/:

#Business Objects SAP Integration Kit

#DBW system 00

sapmsDBW 3600/tcp

Edited by: B. Sanders on May 18, 2011 9:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I discoverd the problem.

We took over the installation from another technical consultant, adn he did not check the prereqs, (And I did it when we had some problems). Turns out that BOXI 3.1 and the SAP integration Kit does not work on SLES 11 (Suse Linux Enterprise Server). There are some work arounds, but we thought that it was best to do the installation on SLES 10. And we installed it without any problems.

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,

Bastiaan

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you install SAP IK, it deploys the SAP war file and also modifies the war files (like PartnerPlatform). Looks like both didnt happen in your case, check whether SAP war file exist.

0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to use the 32bit version of JCo in the version 2.1.8 or 2.1.9.

Please note that the path in your tomcat is incorrect! It has to be ".../BO_INSTALL_DIR/tomcat/shared/lib" not ".../BO_INSTALL_DIR/tomcat/common/lib"

Regards

-Seb.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the folders on the Java App Server ? can you see a folder SAP as part of the deployment ?

Ingo

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to transport some files on BW system. After that SAP tab will visible under the authentication tab.You can get the list of files under the Transport folder under the SAP Integration setup folder.

Thanks,

Amit