Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to define user status that forbids editing the document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Im working on CRM 7.0

I need to define a user status say " ON HOLD" . when this user status is set the document should not be edited or changed by anyone. However as soon as we move to next status document should be editable.

I configured a user status and in the TRANS column

selected CLks .

in the transaction control i have change document set to forbidden.

The problem is when i set this status on the document , the document is locked as desired and i am not allowed to change the status itself (not desired) .

How do i configure the status so that i can also switch between on hold and other user statuses or how can i release the On Hold status?

How do you set the Delete option in transaction control for any allowed transaction for a user status.

Thanks In advance!

Survee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can build logic in badi CRM_ORDER_FIELDCHECK.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to achieve this using configuration? we want to stick to standard if possible.

Regards,

survee

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not according to my knowleadge. The only customazing setting is the one that you mentioned, but the problem is, as you found it yourself, that you also can't change the status anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Thank you for your input.

We have defined a simple status where in editing is not alllowed by validation during save.

We are controlling the status change from "On hold" to next status by authorization group.

Basically if the user has access to the auth group he can change the status to next status.

Cheers

Survee

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, that is possible, but this prevents only setting the status while on other hand the all other data can still be changed.