cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to SAP b1 and i got stuck in the Finicial module..where i made a Posting Template and trying to use that template in the

Journal Entry..Templates but when i try to add the J/E its show me the error..which is

message- 131-20 "Enter valid currency code"

pls help ...

Gaurav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

When you define a posting template, it is defined for LC & SC.

In your case, when you defined a template, you defined percentages.

Now when on  JE, you can see Display in FC and display in SC.

You were getting the error message because you were trying to enter value in the FC column. Just un-check Display in FC and populate the value in LC field, This would not give you any error message.

Thanks,

Joseph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav & Swapnil,

The Posting Templates can work based on percentages when allocating an expense. So, firstly check your template. Between % Debit & % Credit must balance. If you do so, then when you create manual Journal Entry, Template Type : Percentage --> Template : choose your template --> in the second line (I assume it is an expense) you enter the Debit amount. The system automatically calculates the amounts of the other line items. Hope it work.

Regards,

Rahadyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you show how did you make that template with detail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gordon,

We have created a Template with G/L Acct/BP Code, and G/L Account/BP Name with % Debit and credit balanced.

Then we got to JE and apply the template and add it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gordon.

In addition to swapnil's reply..

when we are entering the value of debit or credit ..it is distributing the value accourding the % which is given is that right way to

Proceed with it???

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you expect from the template that it can help you with?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, We thought that It will Automaticly pick the percentage of amount Which is specified from the balance of that account, and Post it In the JE..

But I think we are on the wrong way... Pls correct us If we are wrong!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav.......

Try to keep the Currency of All Charts of accounts in your DB to All Currencies and then try to add JE.

Hope it should work for you...........

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank for replying..

Using the All currencies in the DB is not making any difference ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Check your template. You must assign valid currency code to all places that need them.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying,

Could you Please be more specefic where to Update the currency Code, as me and Gaurav are not able to do that..

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Iam having same issue, I think its something related to declaration of currency code in Inventry Module, or Admin Module..