cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Characteristics update using MIGO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus - Need your valuable suggestions on the issue below.

I have a requirement to update only certain batch characteristics at the time of goods receipt using MIGO by clicking on the classification view. Users should have access to update only 4 out of 10 characteristics in a batch. I did assign authorization group to the characteristics & made the changes to the roles but i think that there is no auth. check performed for classification during goods receipt. Please let me know the possible options to fulfill this requirement.

Thanks for your time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Craig. I did set up the characteristic as 'Entry Required' & changed the config to update only required charac. in foreground. When i posted the GR, system did not give me any pop-up to update the characteristics but i got a warning message saying that the values are missing in classification. So i went to classification view but none of the required characteristics are highlighted. So how will the user know which characteristics are required?

Also to let you know, we are updating certain characteristics in the background using enhancement. Do you think will there be any conflict with this?

Thanks for your help.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the batch class you can mark the characteristic as required. In configuration set you batch classification as "foreground, required characteristics only.

FF