cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crystal reports is very very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i recently changed my pc and crystal reports is very very slow. each time I click one formula the blu disc roll for seconds before i can see the code in the formula. the os is windows 7 64 bit and the pc has 4 gb ram.

can anyone help me. it is very hard wok this way

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the version of CR you are using ? Windows 7 supports only CR2008 sp3 and CR XI R2 with SP6. If you are using any other versions other than the abvoe you may get unexpected results.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have 2008 sp3.

i'm trying to download the most recent patch cr2008fp35. let' hope for the miracle.

i have reports with even a undred formulas and to switch from one to the other it's a real problem.

with this installation i also have onather problem: the connection with the oracle client doesn't work. it gives me the error 12154 but it's all ok with the tnsnames, indeed i can use toad.

I have to meke crestal connect via jdbc.

maybe i shoud heve taken a 32 bit OS?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

CR2008 is a 32 bit compatible, you need to install Oracle 32 bit drivers to establish a connection from CR to Oracle. Try to create a report using Add command and test whether it is taking more time to execute your report.

If you want use ODBC connectivity try to download DataDirect Drivers 5.3 which will help you to choose a right driver.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, Oracle is 32 bit and I repeat that I can connect with toad,SqlNavigator and other reporting tools like Actuate.

I can not create a new command because when it asks for the database neme, user and password it gives me trror i mentiond.

I can bypass this error if I connect via JDBC(JNDI)........... but the thing that worries me more is the time i have to wait when i work with formulas: i click one formula and i have to wait seconds and seconds before i can see the code end edit it, and if i save the canges i have to wait still before it save may changes

maybe it depends by the OS that is HOME edition and not professional?

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valdam,

I had a similar issue yesterday with Crystal. Check your resource monitor. Is your CPU pegged near 100%?

If so, there's probably some local process that is getting in the way. Check your scheduled tasks... are things like defragmenter running? etc.

Hope that helps,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, between the clik on the formula and its showing the cpu reaches 25 (99000 kb memory) and the only process that seams to be involved is the dwm.exe passing from 00 to 01 in "waiting time" e returning to 00 once the formula has been displayed.

thank you for youre reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, i followed the advice in this forum http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/166597/0/ reinstalling crystal under onother directory and now both problems seems to have desapeard.

thank you all