cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wip calc error - Specify the update for line ID XXX

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need your input in resolving an error that I face.

As per clients request changes were made to review the WIP report by cost component break down.

1) line ids were created to reflect the cost component structure

2) assignment of cost element was completed - without masking

3) update of wip calc

Now while executing KKAO - wip calc - a few errors persist.

"specify the update for line id XXX"

The line id referenced in the error is the previous line id. The line id is no longer assigned in configuration.

As a matter of fact, the line id was deleted but the error persists. Am I over looking something?

I appreciate your response in this matter.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aziz

I think we interacted before on this topic

Please retain the Old Line ID config as well because WIP posted in periods before the config change would need to be reversed

Even if you let it remain forever, it would cause no harm because the earlier config might be bsaed on Masking...

The new config w/o masking will have preference...

May be you can delete the Old Line IDs after 4 to 6 months

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay - thank you for your response. I have two follow up questions.

1) Since the cost component structure and wip configuration must be in sync to review

Wip reporting by cost component. Would you recommend creating new cost elements since the

WIP update (OKGA) will not allow two of the same cost elements.

2) Does it matter if primary or secondary elements are used in OKGA - Update of WIP calc?

Thank you once again for your valuable input.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

OKGA always uses Secondary cost elements (Category 31)... It is preferrable if you use Separate secondary cost element for each LINE ID

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the clarification, Ajay.

I have updated OKGA with new cost elements and maintained the old configuration aswell.

However, I am getting the following error:

"Cost element xxxxx (line id xxc) already used for line id yyy"

All of thecost elements are unique and not duplicated but yet this error persists.

Could this error be related to masking in OKGB? I did adjust one account in OKGB and the error persists

I really appreciate your input. Thank you in advance.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

There seems some issue in OKGB/... Such error msg is never issued w/o a valid reason..

please check your config

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay - Thank you for your help. The issue has been resolved. I changed both the cost element assigned in the update, then reran the month end process. The error was resolved with this change.

Answers (0)