cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is not updating in database when workflow is completed........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on ESS leave request workflow.

After the approval is being made by the agent, the relevant data is not getting updated in the database. There is no entry regarding the leave period in PA20.

Is it a workflow issue???

Is it something related with commit work???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bpawanchand
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you try to run and check, the report RPTARQPOST report from the back end. This report is resposnible to post the data into the workflow and complete the workflow. But as you mentioend that the workflow is getting completed then in this case I think you might be already scheduled the above report. Did you check with any kind of authorizations with the user under which the background job or the user who is runnig the report.

There could also be a possibility that the applied user might not have right authorizations to manupulate Absences Infotype 2001. PLease check teh roles associated with the users in PFCG txn.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Pavan mentioned above execution of report "RPTARQPOST" will post the leave details into absence infotype till then it will be stored in the intermediate data base tables. So exicute the report once and check if it is posting.

If the problem still persists then put the infinite loop in the method after approval in the workflow and try to debug it and check where the problem relay occurring.

Regards,

Devananda A J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Issue is solved. Tried with a user having sap all authorization and it worked. Its an authorization issue.

Thanks a lot to everyone for helping me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello,

First of all I would double-check the workflow log for errors and return codes.

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

WF log has no errors and WF is getting completed successfully. Although the approved or rejected period is not getting updated to the db.. What are the possible scenarios in this case????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using standard workflow??

if you are using custom than you have to check the logic for updating the database in the method of the task.

put the break point there in method and check it whether you are going correct or not.

and please also check the binding for the same to the workfow.

and if any issue remains than please explain everything in detail so all experts can help you.

hope u will solve your issue!

Kind Regards,

Him Joshi