cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to revert depreciation posted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Part of my company was sold in November 2010,and depreciation of some assets where suppose to stop in November 2010.And am in a new fiscal year.I want to revert the values of depreciation for those posted assets to what they were as at November 2010 when part of the company was sold.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would think that the asset shutdown functionality would work. I'm not sure why you would have to resort to posting a transaction to make the adjustment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex i missed one of your steps,but am figuring it out again.Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, welcome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Impairment values where posted on the assets,so have repeated steps one and two of that your very helpful answer,how do i Change the account assignment for depreciation expenses for unplanned deprecation from impairment account to depreciation expense account for the asset class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. if you want to change expense account for unplanned depr then you can do it in AO90

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,when i double click on the depreciation its not opening another page to make my corrections.

Edited by: joeyzee on May 20, 2011 6:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to select asset class before

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is no place where i can select the asset class,how do i do that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just click on square on the left of asset class

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Joey... I've got no problems with basic questions but you should try and hunt around SAP before posting more questions. If you can't navigate SAP screens than I don't see how you'll be able to get through this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am new to SAP thats why,all is going on fine but i have this error on my own practice system.

job cancelled

message no 00518

which tcode can i use to view postings made today.

Edited by: joeyzee on May 23, 2011 4:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can use indicator asset shut down, and rerun depr, but you need choose correspond interval, and open previous fiscal year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your suggestion works on DEV but its not working in QAS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what you mean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Am tseting the scenario on the DEV and QA,it is working on the DEV but not on QA,is it compulsory that i do a shut down on the assets i want to revert before it will post the depreciation figure that i want.Also the interval shud be from november to march 2011 which marks the end of the fiscal yr 2010.

Edited by: joeyzee on May 18, 2011 10:40 PM

nishan_dev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joyee,

If it work on DEV, after setting, why dont you transport ? probably some setting which got populated on DEV are not replicated on QA, try if that work for you.

Thanks

Nishan D

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Be sure that you have ticked shutdown asset checkbox in AS02 for the relevant assets in QA server. Also make sure that configuration has been successfully transported in QA server.

Regards

Edited by: Atif Farooq on May 19, 2011 9:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, seems you have not the same system customization.

Check in afama for this depr key if shutdown=Yes

Former Member
0 Kudos

The asset is already shutdown in my QA,when i try to do a writeup for the positive asset using transaction type 711,i get the error message below

Correction to ordinary dep. greater than acc. dep. in area 01 Message no. AA634.

If i apply the same writeup with transaction type 711 on Dev i get the value for depreciation @ November as my current depreciation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, in OABN you can allow all values

Former Member
0 Kudos

whats the effect of doing allow all values,will i still use transaction type 711 for writeup of positive assets.After the shutdown of the asset ord dep for 2011 is now zero.

Edited by: joeyzee on May 19, 2011 10:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you set this indicator, this depreciation area allows ordinary depreciation with positive and negative values.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i was able to post the depreciation movement amount from 30th NOV 2010 to 31st March 2011,but the depreciation figure for march still shows under amount to be posted in period 13 of 2010 as planned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, why you can't shudown asset and rerun depr?Or change depr key to 0000 from required period

Edited by: alex ice on May 19, 2011 10:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

And now close 2010 year

Former Member
0 Kudos

On client 250 shutdown was performed on the assets, OABN is allow negative and zero allowed and with transaction type 711 the desired is achieved,no posting for 2011,period 13 shows the Dep movement amount,while the total ordinary dep TBP is the figure of Nov 2010.But its not happening on client 220 even after shutting down the assets (+ve value) and using the same transaction type 711.Perharps am using the wrong transaction type or what do you think.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, it's not good that you have different customization for your systems, because after testing you couldn't be sure that it'd work in PRO system.

Let's do next thing-change depr key to 0000 for required period, with closed Fiscal year 10. I think 13 period appear because fiscal year 10 is open

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should change depreciation key for 2010 to 0000 and close 2010 period,i cannot change anything in the depreciation area i get the error message.

"E64 correction to ordinary dep. greater than acc.dep in area 01"

Even to shutdown an asset i get the above error,can i perform shutdown after closing fiscal year 2010

Edited by: joeyzee on May 19, 2011 12:18 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

'can i perform shutdown after closing fiscal year 2010'-yes, as I wrote-close fiscal year 2010 and perform this action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction to ordinary dep. greater than acc. dep. in area 01 Message no. AA634"

The message simply means that your correction value is higher than the

accumulated depreciation value(summation of depreciation to date) on

the asset in question.

what do you think

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. After make changes rerun depr, and only then make 711.

If error appear in this case then check movements for this asset, eg partial retainment were done,that's way adjustment >acc. depr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Close fiscal period

make changes by shutting down assets

Rerun AFAB for the asset

and make new postings using tcode 711.

What now happens to the accumulated depreciation amount that is not consistent with the amount am writing back.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

'What now happens to the accumulated depreciation amount that is not consistent with the amount am writing back.'-you asked what happens if you do these steps? Or you have some result now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

even with the steps it still get the error message

"Correction to ordinary dep. greater than acc. dep. in area 01"

All this errors i get only on 220,in 250 all seems to be working fine,the same assets that gave result on 250 is given issues on 220.That what i dont understand

Edited by: joeyzee on May 19, 2011 2:40 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,as I said it could be because of some movements, eg partial retirement. Please check in S_ALR_87012048,and write which kind of movements were there

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i ran the tcode for client 250 is was able to find asset number 11001034,but when i ran the tcode on client 220 i cudnt find asset number 11001034.Asset number 11000134 is what am using as my test.

Former Member
0 Kudos

'when i ran the tcode for client 250 is was able to find asset number 11001034'-in this system there is no error?

And what exactly you want, to post without error in both system?

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Joey,

You need to r e w a r d Alex for his answers. Personally, I'm surprised that he's still answering your questions considering that you aren't acknowledging his help.

-nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

am new here how do i award point,he has been very helpful,when i did a search for the asset on 250 i saw the asset,but i coudnt find the same asset on 220.

On 250

APC Val adj cry

0.00 217,976

On 220

Search unsuccessful no hit found for asset 11001034,client 220 is were am having problems

Edited by: joeyzee on May 19, 2011 3:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,and where you want to fix your issue?

In 220 go to aw01n, if there some values? may be in 220 you retire asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nathan , I'm surprised too ,but not through points, but through absence of joeyzee's aim

Former Member
0 Kudos

no amount in the field value adjustment for client 220

my aim is

dep@Nov 2010 dep@march 2011 dep movement

(123,810.24) (206,350.24) 82,540.00

fiscal yr april 2010 - March 2011

I want to revert the current depreciation to that of nov 2010.

Edited by: joeyzee on May 19, 2011 4:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm confused, let's try in this way:

1. Where do you want to test -220 or 250? Please decide, and will fix issue in one system, because it's difficult to analyze both, besides if they have different customizing and values for this asset.

2. When decide, put movements posted to this assets, and what you done with it(change depr key, maintain shut down ind, rerun depr etc)

3. What exactly now the issue with it(error appear, unexpected value etc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to test on 220,

and i want to achieve the below,run me through the process

dep@Nov 2010 dep@march 2011 dep movement

(123,810.24) (206,350.24) 82,540.00

fiscal yr april 2010 - March 2011

I want to revert the current depreciation to that of nov 2010.

Edited by: joeyzee on May 19, 2011 4:31 PM

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are new then you REALLY need to read the forum rules of engagement. There is a sticky post at the top of the forum that will brief you on the rules. We are quite aggressive on deleting posts and users who do not follow the rules.

You are getting emails from SCN that notify you of the updates to this thread. At the bottom of those emails are instructions on how to assign p o i n t s. You just click on the point options next to the poster's name on the left hand side of the screen. It's too easy to miss.

I've moved this to the asset accounting forum.