Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom application tool bar button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I made 1 custom application tool bar button in table maintenance in sm30 and selecting the one record in change mode and call another tcode using that custom button.

It calls the tcode perfectly but when i click back and come again to the same sm30 screen my custom button disappears. also I need to put the same custom button in display mode but it is not allowing me to use the same function text in display GUI status which i used in change mode.

How can i use the same button every without changing the function text corresponding to GUI status or there is no other way except create with different function text.

Please suggest to resolve both my issue.

Thanks,

Aisha

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you call that transaction. Is it by call transaction? Is it a satandard transaction.

Regards

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi,

I wrote a code in PAI to call that standard transaction. means i am calling a standrad transaction by creating my own bootton in sm30 in change mode. that button works to call the standard transcation but when i do back in standard transaction i can not see my custom button but all the standard button sill be there as it was.

0 Kudos

Looks like some problem with your SET PF-STATUS.

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use

System -> Status...

to verify that both the screen and the GUI status are the same before and after the call to the transaction.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

yes the status keep change before and after. even i maintained the both the status in SE41 but i did not change the function code. is this possible to keep the same function text and function code.

Thanks,

Aisha

0 Kudos

i have two open points -

1) is it possible to use the same function code and function text to all the gui status for both the screen change mode/display mode. I tried to put out the same but it is not working and i made two different function code with different function text then that button appers in both the screen. But i need to write twice to call those two ok-code = sy-ucomm

case ok-code

when t1

call tcose xyz

when t2

call xyz

is there any way to only use one time with single function code and function text??

2) when custom button call the std tcode and come back to same screen that cutom tcode disapper why??? if it is beacuse of different gui status then how can i use the same function code and function text for both the gui status.

thanks,

Aisha

0 Kudos

Put a break-point just after the CALL TRANSACTION to see if it stops there. If it does, reset the pf-status there.

Rob