Refreshing Data in Off-Line Xcelsius Dashboards
I have several Xcelsius off-line dashboards whose data is updated manually. This has become time-consuming and expensive to support. Unfortunately on-line dashboards are not an option for me.
My question is this...
Is it possible to access my datasource directly from Xcelsius 2008 tool to refresh the data and then save it as a ".swf"? This would save time and partially automate the process.
Currently my development team is telling me it takes 3 days to refresh a single dashboard. They've told me their steps are...
1) Use Bex analyzer to run a query
2) Export the results to an Excel file
3) Copy/Paste the Excel file contents into the ".xlf" using Xcelsius 2008
4) Make some minor adjustments to the xlf to adjust to new time period ranges introduced in the new dataset
5) Generate the new .swf file (off-line dashbaord)
Is it possible to connect directly to a datasource from within Xcelsius 2008 and accomplish steps 1, 2 and 3 with a single click of a refresh button? This would save time and be less prone to error.
I am finding it hard to believe Business Objects doesn't have better solution for this.
Thanks for your help!!