cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segmentation of BPs with attributes or attribute sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we use SAP CRM 2007 and I want to learn a bit about CRM Marketing, especially Segmentation.

Do you know if it is possible to create a target group with all BPs, who have an attribute of an attribute set (so it doesn't matter what the values of the attributes are)??

It doesn't work with "value of attribute is *"!

Thank you!

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Variant 1:

You may to use infoset include table but000.

1) Create infoset using table but000

2) Crate filter but000.partner > 0 or but000.partner not equal '0000000000'

Variant 2(if you have small count of BP):

1) download all bpnumbers from table but000 and save it in excel in CSV-format

2) Upload file with help segmentation in new target group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your answer. but unfortunately it doesn't answer my question.

I will try to give an example:

we have about 100,000 BPs (for example). and we have a marketing attribute set "Newsletter".

In this marketing attribute set there are the marketing attributes "Topic 1", "Topic 2", "Topic 3"....

with the possible values "Yes" or "No".

10,000 BPs have one or more marketing attributes of the attribute set "Newsletter", 3,000 of them have the attribute "Topic 1"

(-> 2,000 "Yes" , 1,000 "No")

I know that is easy to create a target group with all BPs "Topic 1 = Yes",

but how can I create

1) a target group with all BPs that have the attribute "Topic 1" (so it should be 3,000 BPs) -> and I don't want to create a target group with "Yes" and one with "No" and put them together, because its possible that for some attributes more than 2 values are valid!

2) a target group with all BPs that have one or more atrributes from the attribute set "Newsletter" (so it should be 10,000 BPs)

I hope this example helps to understand my problem.

Thanks for your answers.

Christopher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christopher,

While creating a marketing attribute set, you can set the value for an attribute as Multi-value. This will enable you to enter multiple values for a BP.

1. Create a marketing attribute set and define some attributes within it. If you check the default checkbox, it will assign this attribute to any new BP you create from now onwards

2. Set the checkbox as multi-value

3. Define the values for the attribute and save the set.

4. Go to BP and expand the marketing attributes tab

5. Select Edit List

6. Select the attribute and maintain the values accordingly. The attribute that you have set as multi-value would have multiple entries.

I hope this helps you.

Alternatively, you can also take help of the segmentation graphical modeler. Assuming you know about creating data source and attribute list, you can join the bps with different options and create a target group from that

Harsh

Edited by: Harsh Singal on May 25, 2011 7:08 AM

alternate option for creating target groups using segmentation model

Edited by: Harsh Singal on May 25, 2011 7:15 AM