cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to log Testing defects in Solution Manager?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please let me know if we need to log defects found during testing in test management. Does the user need to log the defects in 'Issue Management' Solution_Manager or is there is an option to log defects during test execution in STWB_2

Thanks

Prema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

you dont have to go for HPQC integration as it is not mandatory

just configure service desk in solution manager and that will solve your problem

you can raise message against any test case and you get a wonderful reporting in solman

based upon test package or entire test plan you can get test status report with defects or message raised

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar

Am wondering whether to use Service desk or Issue Management under SOLUTION_MANAGER. I have explored the features at both the end but not sure which one to use to log TESTING defects. And also in service desk the level at which i can log defects is at Business process level where in in issue management it can go up to process step ( 3rd level ) in the hierarchy

Thanks for your answers

Prema

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can use the Service desk message if you are raising the message or defect in Test Workbench in Solman or from stwb_work

if you are using the test management in solman then you need to configure service desk not issue management.

Hope doubt clarified

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

have you checked the documentation under the spro path

SPRO->Scenario Specific Settings-> Third Party Integration-> SAP Quality Center by HP-> Integration Test Management & Integration Defect Management

and more on refer here

[Integrated Defect management in QC|https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000706460&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&]

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my knowledge, the defects can only be registered using the incident management system. This is the case even when we integrate HPQC and Solution Manager.. Defects created in HPQC gets created as a service desk ticket in solution maager system.

Thanks

PrakashP