cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server busy message on Crystal Report designer startup

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I open my CR application I get a windows message that the server is busy and gives me two options; Switch To and Retry. I have to wait 2 minutes before it finally closes and lets me use CR. I am on a Windows 7 64bit machine and am using Crystal Reports XI SP6 Developer.

I am not opening any specific report when this happens; just opening the application.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Stacie,

First thing CR does is try to connect to our home page to get updates for the start page. You may have access limitation or a Proxy server configured that is delaying the connection.

When Cr does open up click on the Help menu and check off the option to check for updates. It may help but it could be the rest of the page trying to gain access to our WEB site.

Have your IT guys check it out or ask them to debug your internet connection.

Thank you

Don

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is DEP?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please confirm that CR application = the Crystal Reports Designer. E.g.; you are trying to create \ design new reports(?).

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I am just opening the Crystal Report designer and I get the server busy message.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. I moved your thread to the SAP Crystal Reports Design forum. See if anyone can help here.

Meantime, check DEP and make sure it is not preventing CR from running.

- Ludek