Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in KSPI

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have definedu2019 u20184 activities in our production (one Production Cost Center) scenario and we have four overhead cost centers [viz, Manufacturing OH (EE04304000), Admin OH (EE04309000), Factory OH (EE04307000) and Other OH (EE04308000] have defined a splitting rule for splitting the Overhead Cost to 4 activities and run the splitting (KSS4) and finally I execute the KSPI(Plan price),the system throws the following messages against each of above said overhead cost centers for each cost element:

Cost center CTR M001/EE04304000, cost element 600000: Tracing factor for splitting is zero

Message no. KD301

Diagnosis

The plan/actual costs for cost element 600000 cannot be settled to the CO activities for period 5 according to assignment rule M01 in cost center CTR M001/EE04304000 because the tracing factor in plan and in actual is zero.

System Response

The plan/actual costs for cost element 600000 are split according to the equivalence numbers for the activity types.

Procedure

Check assignment M01 and your splitting rule.

-

Cost center CTR M001/EE04304000, cost element 600000: Splitting is not possible

Message no. KD302

Diagnosis

Cost element 600000 cannot be split for cost center CTR M001/EE04304000, period(s) 5, because:

u2022 the total of the activity type equivalence numbers is zero. Therefore, there is no splitting base for this cost element.

u2022 the target costs for cost object hierarchies are zero. This means there is no distribution basis for this cost element.

System Response

The values for cost element 600000 are not split. They cannot be taken into account for further processing.

Procedure

For cost centers:

Maintain the equivalence numbers for the activity types in cost center CTR M001/EE04304000 so that total is not zero.

For cost object hierarchies:

Check the cost element group in target version 0. There must be target costs in this cost element group, which the distribution can use to split the actual costs.

-

I have checked the splitting rule, where in I have defined the activity group & cost element group for splitting rule, which is correct to my knowledge.

Can anybody throw some light on this error, please?

Regards

Su

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read notes 418445 and 772794. These notes describe the splitting-logic.

The distribution will be done as per these two rules:

1) find an valid and applicable splitting rule (from the OKES settings), if this fails continue with

2) default rule equi-numbers

If the system find a rule in 1, but it is not applicable (e.g. because missing quantities in period 01 and 02) a warning will be sent (KD-301).

And if there also no equinumbers, then error KD-302 occurs because the splitting is not possible. That's design!

Thant means, that if a rule will be found in step 1 or step 2 (if 1 fails) -> ONLY then splitting will be done.

If you can't transfer qunatities for e.g. period 001 via KSPP and run KSS4 also for period 001 then the basis is missing for the rule and splitting fails.

Because transaction OKEW (assigment cost center to splitting structure) is year-dependent there's no chance to assign different structures with differnet rules for e.g. period 001/002 and 003-012.

regards

Waman

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr.Waman for your reply.

Let me explain in detail what has happened in my case,Indirect costs are splitted equally among various activity types ,eventhough the splitting method given is 12 (activity qty planning) and prices are being calculated ,but with the errors,which I have mentioned in the above and updated in KP26,with the message that prices are updated in spite of errors.

And also note that in KSS4 ,splitting was done perfectly (i.e. costs are splitted in proportion to the planned activity quantity),but when it comes to KSPI ,the system is throwing the above said error and I am sure that quantities are OK.

Now can you please help me as how to come out from this issue.

Regards

Subbu

former_member588855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the indirect cost are being equally distributed among the activites even though PLAN QUANTITY is available in the system then that cost center has not been assigned to the splitting rule in configuration. Check transaction OKEW.

Regards,

Divraj

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you said ,I have checked in OKEW,the production cost center has been assigned to the splitting structure.

Note that when I run KSS4 (plan),the plan costs are being splitted in proportion to the plan quantity,but when I run KSPI,the system is showing the fixed cost per hr is showing eqaully.

Can you please tell me ,if any other thing is missed out?

Regards

Su

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu

If Splitting is perfect then KSPI has to be perfect.... Did you execute Splitting in update mode i.e. w/o test run and then execute KSPI

br, Ajay M

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Ajay,

I have defined the splitting structure as detailed below:

Splitting Structure :M1 (OKES)

Assignment: M01 and Splitting Rule:M001

Selection for assignment:

Fixed Label Group

Cost Element Cost Element Group (grouped all primary cost elements for which overhead costs were planned and

also included Secondary Assessment cost elements)

Activity Type Activity Type Group (grouped all the four activities,which we have defined )

Splitting Method:12 (Activity Qty)

Selection for rules:

Fixed Label From Value

Version 0

and finally assigned the production cost center to the splitting structure.(OKEW)

When I execute the KSS4,the Overhead costs are splitted based on activity quantity and when I run KSPI ,the fixed cost per hr is showing equally among 4 activity types and updating the prices in KP26.But at the same time the system is saying the processing is completed with the Errors (THERE ARE AROUND 126 error & warning messages for each Cost Element and I am giving below one error for your information):

-

ERROR MESSAGE

Cost center CTR M001/EE04304000, cost element 600010: Tracing factor for splitting is zero

Message no. KD301

Diagnosis

The plan/actual costs for cost element 600010 cannot be settled to the CO activities for period 5 according to assignment rule M01 in cost center CTR M001/EE04304000 because the tracing factor in plan and in actual is zero.

System Response

The plan/actual costs for cost element 600010 are split according to the equivalence numbers for the activity types.

Procedure

Check assignment M01 and your splitting rule.

WARNING MESSAGE:

Several assignments were found for the given selection parameters.

Message no. KW683

Diagnosis

The system found multiple valid assignments for cost element 600030 in controlling area M001 for structure M1 (structure type C).

System Response

The first valid assignment is used.

Procedure

Check the given structure for inconsistencies. For example, you can call up the list overview in structure maintenance.

Inconsistencies may result from:

redundant definitions of individual values

interval overlap

overlapping in defined groups

entries deleted from a structure

-

Note that we have four Over head cost centers for which fixed costs were planned and assessed.

Can you please help as where it went wrong

Regards

Su

former_member588855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbuk,

Fixed cost per hour will be equal only.

You are doing activity independent planning.

In this case though fixed cost element will be distributed as per plan quantity however rate per hour will be equal. For intsance say Rs. 1200 is to be distributed into two activities A and B whose plan quantity is 40 hrs and 80 hrs.

A - 40 - cost 400 rate Rs 10/hr.

B - 80 - cost 800 rate Rs.10/hr

Regards,

Divraj Agarwal

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Divraj,

Thanks for your analysis and I also have same thought,but when the calculation is perfect,then why the system is throwing so many errors and saying processing completed / prices are updated with the errors.

Regards

Su

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu ,

1. Splitting Methord use is 12 or 22 ??

2. Have to checked that all the 4 activities have activity quantity entered..in plan ..

Please re-check the same and revert back for any further clarifications

Regards

Sarada

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Splitting Methord used is 12.

2.I have throughly checked the activity qty /cost planning and varaible prices and fixed prices are being calculated,but the system give messages that prices are claculated with the errors.

Please help me to come out from this issue.

Regards

former_member588855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the how splitting is being done after running KSS4 in the report S_ALR_87013628 - Cost Centers: Splitting.

you are doing activity dependent planning or independent planning in KP06.

Regards,

Divraj

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Mr Ajay,

Can you please throw some light on this?

Regards

Subbu

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu

The settings you did are very correct.. I have managed with these settings thrice and I dont know why this area stands to be a grey area... Almost every 2nd consultant I see facing prob in this step

May be try with Plan Act Qty Method 22 instead of 12 in your Splitting rule... I was able to manage both Plan n Actual with 12

br, Ajay M

kandati_subramanyam
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

Subbu