cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work item never shows up in the approver queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is a specific issue to a particular user - approver. requisitioners are creating carts and are able to see that it is in approval queue. But the approver is not able to see the approval items in his queue.

We are in SRM 5.0 ECS SP15. This issue started all of recently. There has no changes in Org structure specifically to his attributes or workflow changes. Interestingly when workitem is forwarded to another approver, then that approver is able to view it. So, this tells me that this specific user has issues to view work items for approval.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated and rewared.

Thanks

Rao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rao,

Did you check in SWI1 transaction if your particular user is defined as approver for concerned workitem ?

If you have user ID and password, can you see the workitem in SBWP transaction ?

If you use offline approval, has approval mail for this approver been created ? You should see it in SOST transaction.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Laurent,

Its shows it is in agent's inbox. but when the agent goes to approval screen, he does not see the work item. Do you think this might be caused/related to portal settings. I am guessing here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what does user see when he/she click the workitem?.. can you assign a substitute to see how the substitute is seeing the workitem?

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Saravanan,

Although substitute can be assigned, the user is at a highest authority and does not want anyone else to autorize the procurement activity.

I am also guessing that Browser could also be a factor but not sure. Other step I have undertaken is to trace his security roles. The issue is still open and no information was found unusual.

Thanks

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is this working in your DEV, Qulity boxes?

Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was unusual that after security had removed the profiles from Portal and SRM server and reinstated, it started to work. The user is now able to see the work items in his inbox. Thank you all for the help, closing the thread...

Answers (0)