Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Promotion Key Figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a basic question on promotion planning key figure. :

What can be the disadvantages if Promotion Key figure is made editable and Planner directly key in the promotion values rather than maintaining the promotions in the interactive planning or mp34

Your views would be really appreciable

Thanks in advance

-Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Can any one give suggestion on the above question please!!

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

In general, it makes sense to keep any key figure that is system generated as non-editable. You can have a seperate key figure where planners can make delta adjustments to promotion values and a macro to calculate the 'total' promotion value in yet another key figure.

One of the main benefits of using promotion planning is to allow users to drill-down the promotion key figure and analyze the underlying promotions. This is especially useful during the Ssales & Operations planning process to identify the assumptions behind the numbers.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Rishi

Can you please elaborate a bit more on when you say:

'... allow users to drill-down the promotion key figure and analyze the underlying promotions'

and why will this be not available if I make the promotion key figure editable!

Thanks in advance

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

Drill down should still be available, but for somebody analyzing the values, it is more likely to be confusing to see one value in the total and another value in the drilldown. Also, if and when you run transaction /SAPAPO/MP42 (Promotion Management) to update promotions, your manual changes will be over-written.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rishi

In addition can you also say: will there be any impact on Forecast comparison, like where we can compare history and forecast without promotions.

Thanks in advance

-Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

I don't think there is a direct impact on Forecast v/s Actual comparison.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry mate,

I am actually referring to comparison for Base forecast excluding the promotion.

Thanks in advance

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't think there is a direct impact on that either.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rishi, appreciate your time and help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kannan,

I dont know why you want to keep promotion keyfigure as editable.. Basically promotion means our sales going to increase or decrease based on some promotional changes. so we need to capture this as additional demand along with forecast demand.

so promotional changes would be applied on forecsat keyfigure(input) and you will get out put as some value and this would be added finally with forecast keyfigure. if you change promotion vaule you will not have any visibility on real value. still if you want keep some additional keyfigure where you can make some changes.....

Regards

Thennarasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for delayed reply Thennarasu and Thanks for writing in

In your message:

you change promotion vaule you will not have any visibility on real value. still if you want keep some additional keyfigure where you can make some changes.....

Can you please explain bit more when you say 'visibility on real value'

Also I opted to make it editable because we are facing very weired problem with % promotions. They give different value in the interactive planning book and promotion planning views.

Thanks in advance

-Rahul