cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict the quantity fields from changing in ME54N during PR release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a workflow for purchase requisition release strategy . Apporver's will login into ME54N transcation from the attachment in email and provide Release/Reject on PR . At that when any approver login to ME54N the item detials are in change mode so that user can able change quantity or other fields in the ME54N Transaction . So how to restrict the Approvers for not changing any quantity fields on the PR when it is being released .

Thanks and regards,

Dilip Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member193771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

Sorry for the late response, if you are going to change a PR( only the quantity field the workflow needs to trigger), you know whether the user has changed the quantity field by reading tables CDHDR and CDPOS.

If the person has changed the field, create a new event and trigger it using the FM SWE_CREATE_EVENT.

Hope this helps.

(You can go for SWEC only if there is a change object document for PR, Like we have EINKBELEG for PO,Contracts and scheduling agreements)

Thanks,

Sukumar.

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi-

I do agree with all other comments.

Also discuss with you functional consultant, say if any of the field which determines release strategy is changed by the approver, then end the current workflow instance and start the new workflow instance based on new release strategy (obviously new set of approevrs)

This is possible as SAP will trigger the corresponding event, if any of the field which determines release strategy is changed, (if release stratgey is configured properly).

You need to build the workflow in such a way, that if this event occurs, then end the current workflow instance and start the new workflow instance.

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Conceptually speaking an approver of a PR should get a right to change it's contents before he releases/rejects it and hence the transaction ME54n opens up in change mode. I would first suggest that you discuss this with the Functional Lead as well as the users whether they need to change a PR or not. There are events for handling PR change activity - Significantly changed and Changed event which can be used to model your Workflow.

However if none of the above is valid, you can still work with PR release through ME54n by providing validations to changes done through BADI ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST and User Exit MEREQ001.

Regards, Saud

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I agree: make it a User Decision workitem with all the info they need plus a link to take them to a Display-only transaction which shows the PR if they want more (ME53N).

regards

Rick Bakker

hanabi technology

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want full control of it, you should give the user all of the information needed to approve or reject in the mail, this mail is a user decision

If the user clicks the link it will prompt the user for approval or rejection.

And when they do that change the status with a background step.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans