Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measurement Document Issue

former_member217596
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a case scenario which is as follows:

An electrical transmission line which exports the energy from point A to Point B; this line also imports the energy from Point B to Point A. Between point A & B an energy meter is installed to capture the energy exported / imported.

When the energy is exported fro Point A to B, the meter reading keeps INCREASING from the initial value. When the energy is imported from Point B to A, the meter reading keeps DECREASING from the last value.

In IK11, when I enter the value which is less than the last value entered in meas. document creation, the system throws error message.

Can this be captured in standard SAP. Would appreciate you valuable inputs please. Thanks in advance. JK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_meehan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you define the measuring point as a counter then the value must move in one direction only. This is usually an increasing value but you can set 'count backwards' to get a decreasing counter.

In your case you could create a measuring point but do not set the 'counter' flag. Now it will be possible to enter values that are higher or lower than current value. At any point in time the latest counter reading would show the overall balance between A and B. If positive value that would indicate that more energy was transfered to B, if negative then more was transfered to A than received at B. I don't know if that is what you want to achieve.

If you need a detailed recording of all energy received at A and B, you may need to consider two counters. One to record receipt at A and the other to record receipt at B. The difference between these two values then gives the balance value as would be shown by a single counter.

-Paul

former_member217596
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response.

We did consider to maintain measuring point instead of counter to capture such readings, but there are certain requirements that need to be met with such as counter overflow, counter replacement, exporting the total energy produced value to develop a energy reconciliation report.

Due to the above, maintaining a measuring point (without counter) is becoming an issue.

All I wanted to confirm through this post was, whether it is possible to enter values in both progressive and regressive mode (i.e. up and down) for a measuring point counter, through the measurement documents creation. I have tried my best but could not achieve this. Is this a standard feature of SAP?

Unfortunately in real world, there are measuring counters which measure the value in both directions, for which I am surprised that there is no standard solution in SAP, as per your comment.

Would appreciate inputs on, if there is any way out to capture such requirement.

BR........... JK

paul_meehan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is SAP standard that a counter can only move in one direction. You probably need to consider using two counters as mentioned earlier.

-Paul

former_member217596
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for the clarification.

BR.......... JK