cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up a new area of u200Bu200Bevaluation only to negative values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello my friends.

I'm in a project that has as main objective to review the life of all goods and define new market value for them. In this project, we found it necessary to create a new depreciation area to control the difference between historical cost and the new value assigned to property, when that difference is negative, ie, the value of the property had a reduction of its value against the value previously determined ("negative goodwill").

I created a new area of ​​evaluation (06) as a copy of the main area (01).

My question is: How do I set up this area so that only the negative values?

The current parameterization of the new area (06) is as follows (Value Maintence):

Acquisition value - All Values

Net book value - All Values

Investment grants - No Values

Revaluation - All Values

Ordinary depreciat. - Only Neg Values or Zero

Special Depr. - No Values

Unplanned Depreciat - Only Neg Values or Zero

Transfer of reserve - No Values

Interest - No Values

Revaluation ord.dep - All Values

Thanks and rgds,

GLippmann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

How will the new area get values?? Will you upload them manually or some other process? Your case sounds like Asset revaluation scenario

Also, does the dep area 06 post to GL??

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

The capitalization of the new cost assigned will be conducted only through the transaction ABZE (no accounting for the procurement process - MM). The fields of the item of fixed assets should be completed at the time of capitalization manual (via ABZE LSMW).

I think this is a revaluation too.

Yes, the dep area 06 post to GL.

I asked your question, Ajay?

Thank you!

GLippmann

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In that case why dont you go with the Standard revaluatoin process.. I myself never worked on it, but it does exactly the same

It creates a new dep area and manages the revalued amounts there... I would suggest read SAP Help Doc once and decide whether thats right option or not

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...

What documents dou you suggest? Could you please send the link? I appreciate that.

We cannot use the standard revaluation because there is a dep area works with goodwill with assets from an incorporation (05). The client choose create another only for negative goodwill.

Does someone already has this problem before?

Thanks for your answer and time.

GLippmann

Answers (0)