cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned costs to represent costs at time of order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a situation where we want to the planned costs of the order to reflect the costs when the order was created. We are using moving average pricing for materials and the planned costs continually change when the price of the material changes. We know the actual costs will change if we plan the order today but perform the goods issue in 6 months. What I want to know is if there is a way to lock the planned costs to the value when the order is created rather than it fluctuating whenever a material cost changes? Is it controlled using the costing and valuation variants or by some other method? The same applies for labour rate changes that occur after the order is created. When looking at the planned costs, we want to see the labour rate at the time of order creation, not when time is confirmed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check in OKP8 and set the price which system should pick, consult the requirement with FICO person also

regards

thyagarajan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked at costing and valuation variants but there doesn't seem to be an option for planned costs to be representative of the costs at the time of order creation. Thanks for the suggestion but I don't see any selection that will show us the planned costs we want to see. I will show them how to use the estimated cost functionality but I'm not sure that will be sufficient. Thanks for the info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think, Planned cost will be calculated at the time release. That cost will not get changed even though material or labor costs get changed.

Only Actual cost will reflect those changes, that too based on the posting dates of the documents (Goods movement / Time confirmation).

Regards,