Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolated Wily EM's

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently we are using only 1 EM for prod solution manager which is installed in the same host as that of prod solution manager. Now we need to use 1 more EM for prod solution manager but its installed in pre-prod solution manager host. we are doing this because we are configuring pre-prod sytems to send SMD data to prod solution manager and we can get EWA reports for pre-prod satellite systems in prod solution manager.

For this we are doing below activities.

1. Connect pre-prod SMD (diagnostics agents) agents to prod solution manager.

2. Maintain 2 wily EM in landscape data (under SOLMAN_SETUP) and run diagnostics configuration for solution manager.

3. run diagnostics configuration for satellite systems (select specific wily EM for configuration).

4. Configure wily agents (Select pre-prod EM from drop down, then select server node and perform the configuration)

5. Restart satellite system.

If someone has come across the Isolated wily EM architecture then please share the information and let me know what steps i may be missing.

Thanks,

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all...

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohan

I'm a bit lost in your whole story I'm afraid.

Is the reason for the second EM because of performance or scalability?

Why not just use one EM and have all the data come into that one?

Once your managed SAP systems (preproduction) are known in SMSY and configured properly for diagnostics in your Production Solution Manager you can have Java EWA's there.

To keep them seperated in Wily Introscope you can create groups in Wily to bundle certain SAP systems together instead of having everything under global domain.

Kind regards

Tom

rohan_hardikar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tom for the reply.

For Performance and scalability only we are using 2nd EM.

And can we stop the collection of data in wily for perticular group (with all pre-pord systems) if we dont want that data in wily manager any time.

Thanks,

Rohan

Edited by: Rohan Ravindra Hardikar on May 20, 2011 4:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can get the architecture for Isolated here [Sizing tool hit- ZIP|https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718044&_OBJECT=011000358700000075532009E]

under the zip file the file which named as "WilyISEM Cluster Configuration.pdf" has enough detail for tat.

And you can check the some more information here [Wily 8.0 config guide|https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718044&_OBJECT=011000358700001995842008E]

under the section "Enterprise Manager Cluster Setup"

Hope this give the inputs needed.

Thanks

Jansi