cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report a serial number in work order operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Some of our production orders for a serialized assembly, may have the quantity of 20 or even more. Although the entire quantity tends to stay together for one or more operations, they quickly disperse as some take a little longer to build. I need to track in a single order, with multiple serial number each of the serial numbers. How can I do it?

Thanks for your advise,

Eti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DRUKER,

you can find in IQ03 tcode

jainashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear DRUKER

you can if you maintain diff serial no profile with diff material, according to material number change in operation.

Jainashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jainashu,

The whole problem is that I make many different serials for one material in one production order. For example: I produce material "A" with serial numbers 1-19, and I try to find out whether serial number 18 is in operation 170.

Thanks again for your good will,

Eti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Easter,

This is not posisible directly in standard SAP directly. You will have to design some custome Z solution for this. Devlope some kind of transaction which tracks individual serail number in confirmation.

We had something similar requirement with my previous client. We had split production order qty as different tracking numbers.

Tracking number is a production order numbre+0001..0002 equl to toal number of qty so if you have 2 qty of production order 600012 the tracking numbers will be 6000120001,6000120002 ect..

We used to track status of each tarcking number using custome transaction ZLINEUP. we used to post confirmation for each tracking number thrue programming BDC.

This is kind of big project itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

;

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may track the serial no through the code IE07 also through the transaction COIB

Thx

laxmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Create serial number profile and this serial number profile

assign in to material master in work scheduling view.

Jainashu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jainashu,

If I follow your suggestion, I can track the serial number at the beginning and at the end of the production order. But I would like to know what is the status of each serial number during the production process. Thus, I would like to know, for each individual serial number, at it finish each operation .

Thanks for your help,

Eti