Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customise F4 ovs help, that can match with standard F4 screen

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my webdynpro application, the user need to enter a (valid) PO Number (a valid one in my case is, that has been created in last one month).

In the controller context, i created an attribute PO_NUMBER of type EBELN.

in the view, i created an inputField ui element and mapped to PO_NUMBER context attribute.

when i execute the application, the F4 help automatically available, as my context attribute is of type EBELN, and

by default, the 'Input Help Mode' is 'Automatic' and i can see that the 'Determined Input Help' is MEKK_C

the standard F4 help screen is really very nice, with several diffrent search options.

But in my requirement, on the F4 search results screen, not all PO numbers should be visible. only the PO Numbers that are that are created in last one week need to be displayed.

If i use OVS, then i need to do a lot of configuration work, so that an F4 screen similar to standard F4 screen should be created.

is there any way i can use standard F4 screen layout, but i pass my own set of POs (lt_select_list) as search result.

thanks in advance.

Madhu_1980

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me try out other options..also..

Try to create a Z data element and have a search help exit forthat..Do the relevant coding in the SH exit.

Or try to use the OVS for this.

Can you also check this, In the MODIFYVIEW, try to get the node information (IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO), I think we can deactivate the standard help for that attribute using code and try to set our own Value help to context attribute by passing the search help exit name.

Regards,

Lekha.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which apporach have you followed

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

i did not go for OVS method.

instead, i created a table type that with a selection criteria on the tables (e.g. ekko).

created a search help, attached the table type.

attached the search help to the data element.

used the data element as the type for the context attribute.

the F4 help, autmatically populated with the fields that i mentioned in the original table type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you used the standard DE or custom DE

former_member188019
Active Participant
0 Kudos

custom DE, infact everything is custom, except the table name(ekko) used inside the selection criteria of custom table type