cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consulting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Guru's,

I just want to know that without any finanace domain expirence is it possible to be sap fico consultant? And is it true that you have to be very good in accounting especially journal entries if it is correct than what is the first approach to get the knowledge. As i'm working as a support consultant and haveing the configuration knowledge also but i'm facing probelm with all journal entries and financial domain experties.

Kindly help me and give me some advice to overcome from this situation.

Regards,

Gourav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The answer to this question would be YES you have to have domain experience to become an SAP FI champ .

As it is the business processes that are to be designed in SAP and if you dont have sufficient background of domain you wont be having those acuments to actually configure / view the scenario is SAP .

Having mere product knowledge / configuration skills would help you in supporting in technical terms , where as domain expertise adds up to the visualization of the actual scenario .

I would request you to share you education background as to what you have pursued and what are your future plans to comment further .

As now it would be high time for you to decide upon your career path from long term perspective .

Cheers ,

Dewang .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Best suggection Read and try to understand all answered Threads in SDN.

Thanks

Goutam

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>

> Best suggection Read and try to understand all answered Threads in SDN.

>

> Thanks

> Goutam

And in what way is that going to help?

pk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It Helps at least to understand and know different Kinds of Issues and he can explain his User how the Issue can be solved etc. as Per his Accouting base is concerned , he can Learn by Taking Training in accouting Entries and other accoutings Subjects.

Correct me if I am worng

Thanks

Goutam

Edited by: Goutam78 on May 20, 2011 2:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Who is moving all these FICO career and interview questions into the Coffee Corner recently?

(sorry for the pun...)

Julius

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question if Im not wrong was "Do I need expert knowledge in Accounting blah blah blah to be a good FI Consultant".

Ane the best answer would have been:

Yes

SCN does not teach you accounting "stuff". They just teach you SAP stuff. Moreover you cannot learn an entire module just by reading a few hundred threads (most of them oft-repeated) here.

pk

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best suggection Read and try to understand all answered Threads in SDN.

It Helps at least to understand and know different Kinds of Issues and he can explain his User how the Issue can be solved etc

Not really, as Kishan has already pointed out. The 'best' way as you suggested isn't necessarily by reading the answered questions on any forum. The poster is the one who marks the question 'answered' generally and that's the same person lacking the knowledge in the first place. There are plenty of answered questions in SDN where the answer isn't necessarily the best practice solution or isn't correct at all.

@Poster - I'm not sure that it makes sense to be a FI/CO consultant without any background in Accounting. How are you going to make sense of the topics you read about or map a how will you analyze a business process andf map it to an SAP best pratice config scenario?