Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing BDC based on the result of another BDC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement of creating a order using the transaction IW34, but for this I need to supply the reference notification which I need to create from IW24 from my program. So please help me how to get the notification number which is created by IW24 BDC and have to pass to IW34 BDC.

Thanks,

Sree

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sree,

Since i got the same requirement. I will give you a clear explanation below.

First of all you need to do BDC in call transaction method for IW24 transaction and in the BDCMSGCOL

you will get the messages both error or successfull. Now if is error you should report the Complete

Order is as error with the error desciption using FORMAT_MESSAGE.

If it is successfull then capture the MSG1, MSG2 into a local variables. Now pass this Notification

number which is created in IW24 at that point to IW34 Initial screen BDCDATA. Hope this will be helpfull to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargav.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sree,

Since i got the same requirement. I will give you a clear explanation below.

First of all you need to do BDC in call transaction method for IW24 transaction and in the BDCMSGCOL

you will get the messages both error or successfull. Now if is error you should report the Complete

Order is as error with the error desciption using FORMAT_MESSAGE.

If it is successfull then capture the MSG1, MSG2 into a local variables. Now pass this Notification

number which is created in IW24 at that point to IW34 Initial screen BDCDATA. Hope this will be helpfull to you.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhargav.

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message table returned by iw24 bdc will have the notification number. debug and check it.