cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Batch Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my current system, it's implemented a standard solution for material evaluation, so that i have as Price Control Indicator the Standard Price (value 'S').

My customer asked me, if it was possible to implement the batch management with split valuation, and the automatic valuation of the batch.

In this system, we have these SAP modules:

-PM

-MM

-WM

-FI- FM

-CO

So, i have a solid data, both in material master data, and in purchasing (PR, RFQ, PO) inventory management (GR, GI), plant maintenance (Maintenance Order), with standard price.

My questions are two:

1)Is there any SAP standard tool, may i use for executing this activity (from a standard valuation to a batch valuation?) Or do i need to make the only customizing?

2)What are the checks to be made?

I thank you in advance for all your advice.

Francesco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Garcia
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Francisco,

First you have to choose if you want to worf with standard pricing ou moving average price.

Then you can apply this to batch management (split valuation), in the case of standard pricing you can maintain them manualy or use one of the reports SAP offers to revaluate the stock on a periodid base, LIFO/FIFO ou other.

I don't understand exactly your question, but standard pricing and batch valuation are at two different levels.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Beside of doing your customizng for split valuation, you have to maintain your material masters to allow split valuation.

this is not a big deal for new materials, but all existing materials, with stock and with orders will certainly make you a headache. you must not have stock and no open orders.

from Note 545846 - FAQ: Online maintenance of the material master

4. Even though all sales and distribution items of the material have the status closed, I cannot change the batch management requirement, the base unit of measure or the valuation category because there are apparently open sales and distribution documents. Why?

The system checks the sales and distribution documents for the status of the sales and distribution document header and not for the status of each item. This is necessary otherwise items that are already closed could be reopened. For this reason, you can only carry out the change in the material if the header of the sales and distribution document has the status "Completely processed" or "Not relevant".

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same reference for production orders is valid for maintenance orders?

I have not found any discussion relevant to maintenance order...

Thank you in advance,

Francesco

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is usually the same

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would ask you, what kind of checks is done about maintenance.

I ask you a confirmation about the checks and relevant deletion or closure, to pass from standard management to a batch management:

1)Material Stock

2)Open Purchase Order

3)Open Maintenance order

4)Posted Material document referred to the materials

Do i forget anything else?

Thank you

Francesco

Garcia
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi again Francesco,

Check out this OSS note: 518485, and the related ones.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question about data transfer.

If i have a large amount of data to be transferred, from standard valuation to batch management, is there any report which automatically let to close and open all the objects, to be passed? I mean production orders, logical stock, wm stock, maintenance order.

Thank you very much for you answer

Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this system, i will have, a separate valuation between in Batch.

In material master data:

-PRICE CONTROL INDICATOR = "V',

-Valuation Category = 'X'.

This means that evey time i will post a goods receipt a new record will be created in MBEW table, for the price corresponding to the batch value.

In this way, for example, if i post several goods receipt for the same material, i will have in mbew table several records, each one with a different price, in MBEW -STPRS.

Thank you again,

Francesco