cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

result of running MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have 3 production order of one material at the same day. So, when I run MRP for component, the system generate only one PR with quantity is equal require total of 3 production order. Open this PR, i see there are only one line item. I wonder that why the system does not generate one PR with 3 line item, each of them will be reserved for each production order?

Can you support me for this

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Creation of PR for the components used in the productino order depends on How you have set the master data (MRP 4 view) - individual/collective indicator.

If it is blank or 1 then system will generate a seperate PRs for the individual components. if there are 10 production orders then you will get 10 PRs.

If it is 2 then system try to club together all purchase requirements in to only one PR clubbing together all requirement qtys.

Pavan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I wonder that why the system does not generate one PR with 3 line item, each of them will be
reserved for each production order?

What you have observed is std sap behavior. There is nothing to wonder.

Regards,

Dhaval

kaushik_choudhury2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hoai Vu ,

I am not very sure but check the Individual/coll (Dependent requirements ind. for individual and coll. reqmts) field in MRP-4 view , material master .

This Indicator determines whether the following requirements are allowed for the dependent requirements of the material:

Individual requirements

Requirement quantities of the dependent material are stated individually.

Collective requirements

Requirement quantities of the dependent material are grouped together.

I hope the information helps

Cheers

Kaushik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will not generate same material different line items in a purchase requistion. check your lot size in MRP view. At the most system can create different PR for each requirement.