cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Master - Clarification Needed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to install an ECC 6.0 EHP4 Ready SR1 system on Linux OS and using Oracle DB. When I go to the software download page, I have two options for installation master:

51038620_8 BS7 SR1 Installation Master Linux on x86_64 64bit

51040127_7 NW 7.01 SR1 Inst.Mst. Linux x86_64 64bit f. Oracle 10.2/11.2

What is the difference between these two and which one is correct for my case?

I have tried the installation master for NW 7.01 already (it gave the option to install ERP 6.0 EHP4 Ready SR1) and it has installed ECC 6.0 system, although it did not ask for language or java component DVD. It did ask for installation export and I have provided ERP 6.0/NW 7.01 installation export (51036902). When I log into the system and check the status from menu, it shows ECC 6.0.

Is this the wrong installation and do we need to delete and re-install the system using the BS7 installation master?

Best Regards,

Vikash Chandra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I want to install an ECC 6.0 EHP4 Ready SR1 system on Linux OS and using Oracle DB. When I go to the software download page, I have two options for installation master:

>

> 51038620_8 BS7 SR1 Installation Master Linux on x86_64 64bit

> 51040127_7 NW 7.01 SR1 Inst.Mst. Linux x86_64 64bit f. Oracle 10.2/11.2

>

> What is the difference between these two and which one is correct for my case?

You need the BS7 (Business suite 7) DVD.

> I have tried the installation master for NW 7.01 already (it gave the option to install ERP 6.0 EHP4 Ready SR1) and it has installed ECC 6.0 system, although it did not ask for language or java component DVD. It did ask for installation export and I have provided ERP 6.0/NW 7.01 installation export (51036902). When I log into the system and check the status from menu, it shows ECC 6.0.

Right - this is correct.

Follow the installation guide, you now need to configure Solution Manager and generate a valid queue to update your system to EHP4 using SAPehpi.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marcus,

So that means I don't need to re-install the whole system again and can simply proceed to upgrade the system to EHP4 through solution manager? Let me know if I have got it correctly.

What I am wondering is that if both install the same thing and both are right, then why provide two installation masters? There must be some difference. Can you please clarify this.

Your answers are highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Vikash Chandra

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So that means I don't need to re-install the whole system again and can simply proceed to upgrade the system to EHP4 through solution manager? Let me know if I have got it correctly.

Yes - you can proceed, everything is fine so far.

> What I am wondering is that if both install the same thing and both are right, then why provide two installation masters? There must be some difference. Can you please clarify this.

The Netweaver installation DVD is for installing Netweaver based components, like an Enterprise Portal or if you wan to install a BW or a cProject/PLM system or whatever other component comes with Netweaver. The BS7 DVD is used to install the ERP backend.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Just a small clarification , When installing SCM in one instance do we need to do both NW and ERP installations in that same server (we have a ECC (ECC 6 EHP 5) system ?

Thanks,

Shanaka.

Answers (0)