Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double-click to create method/attribute in EHP2 Netweaver 7.0 does not work

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this makes me wonder:

I'm used to create new attributes or methods by simply double-clicking the new name and the system will ask me to create. Now I am new in EHP2 and for methods it just says 'wrong cursor position or object not in navigation', for attributes system just does not show any reaction.

Please help me as it is really annoying always to create things from object tree or class header.

What is it I do not see?

Thanks so much.

Clemens

8 REPLIES 8

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anyone confirm it's working as it should on EHP2?

Clemens

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Where exactly are you trying?

0 Kudos

He is referring to SE24.

Not quite sure about EHP2 but with EHP1, you can double click and create. Have you checked out the OSS notes?

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I also thought of SE24, just wanted to double-check where he exactly tries doubleclicking.

Right now I only have access to EhP3, but there double-clicking works fine.

For instance, if I'm editing a method and write

a = 1.

where a was not yet declared, doubleclicking on a will prompt me to create the object.

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry I thought it was clear: I try in the new ABAP front end editor - accessed through SE80, SE24, SE38 and anay transaction that allows you to edit code (except lousy things like the enhancement spot implementation code window).

An it is still the same: In a report, I can write perform xyz and double-click will asjk me to create a form. Just in oo context, attributes and methods should be the same - as it was since ECC600 or even before on 46C. Except our current system I don't know anyone working on EHP2 for Netweaver 7.

EHP2 just another undeclared untested Beta-Version?

I can't believe.

Regards,

Clemens

0 Kudos

Hi,

Just tried it on 7.02 system and I have the same result.

Double click on 'PERFORM xxx' suggests creating new procedure but 'CALL METHOD xxx.' or 'XXX( ).' leads to 'Incorrect cursor position or object is not included in navigation'

On 7.01 it doesn't work either. just the error is different : "XXXX not found" (ED168)

Edited by: Tomek Mackowski on May 20, 2011 3:37 PM

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi interested readers,

I had forgotten about that because I'm working now for a utilities company and (here) SAP-ISU is far behind actual SAP basis releases.

But I had the chance to log on to my old customer's system: In the ABAP 702 it is still the same: Double-click on a non-existing attribute - no response at all, Double-click on a non-existing method triggers error message ''Incorrect cursor position...'.

I don't know if this is fixed with ABAP 703, but I think so: Just found SAP Note Note 1672410 - Creating method via forward navigation; quite new as 'valid since 18.01.2012' .  

Best regards

Clemens

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, good news:

I got reminded privately by an SCN reader (Thanks Vladan!) that there is a new note (1730028) obviously not yet translated to English that solves the creation of attributes by forward navigation.

Time to close the thread.

Regards

Clemens