Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payloads get swapped between Integration Engine and Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We're facing a weird behavior in a scenario, let me explain:

1. We send an IDOC to Service X.

2. We need to create 3 files in Service X out of one single IDOC, therefore we have 3 mapping (and 3 inbound Message Interface, etc.)

3. In the Abap Stack, we see the target payload is properly generated, for each mapping.

4. In the Communication Channel monitor, we see that (sometimes, randomly!) the 3 Communication channels fail because we see that the payload it's not the one supposed to be (eg: payload1 goes to channel 3; payload 2, to channel 2 (ok!) and payload 3 to channel 1, etc).

We've checked that the Receiver Agreement uses the proper channel. Indeed, if we modify the Interface Determination and configure only 1 or 2 of the inbound Interfaces, everything goes smoothly.

One by one, everything seems fine, but when we try the 3 mapping altogether, weird payload swappings occur sometimes.

Have any of you experts experienced the same problem? Do you have any clue regarding this issue?

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

In the end, due to time constraints, I implemented the multimapping solution, without any special issues arising. But I still don't know what I was doing wrong that triggered the problem I was facing... I hope no one has to deal with the same problem again.

Thanks anyway!

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

good for you to solve your issue. if possible, mark the thread as closed

Thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

@: thank you for the notes, but only the last one comes close... unfortunately, not enough. I already did an extensive search through the notes, without luck for the moment

@: I might implement the multimapping solution because I already had it into account and I know it is a feasible workaround. I'll end up surely doing it. But I'd like to know too what I'm doing wrong at the moment... As I said, we've checked many times if everything was OK and, indeed, if you test the scenario, the first time may run smoothly, but the second time, without touching anything and just repeating the same test, the adapters get wrong payloads... Not to mention that if the scenario is executed with only 1/2 mappings, everything runs OK. It totally seems a bug to me, but I'm not sure, since I haven't seen it reported anywhere...

Thanks anyway!

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i traying to create a map i my head of the configuration you did and something is not clear. right now you send an idoc from SAP system and create 3 messages to be sent to System X.

could you detail me the configuration of receiver determination?

i recommend you to solve your scenario ussing multimappling since is the best solution for this kind of scenario. i think you are trayin to simulate a multimapping and system "get crazy".

Thanks

RP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rodrigo,

Yes, you're right. It might be a multimapping... but conceptually speaking, the mapping of the 3 files might be implemented in 3 mappings as well.

i traying to create a map i my head of the configuration you did and something is not clear. right now you send an idoc from SAP system and create 3 messages to be sent to System X.

It's like you say...

could you detail me the configuration of receiver determination?

It has only one Service configured (Service X) and the Interface Determination (standard) has the 3 inbound MI configured, with their respective IM, each one with their own Receiver Agreement and Channel.

i think you are trayin to simulate a multimapping and system "get crazy".

It is the "get crazy" thing that I can't understand why... might be a synonym to "bug"?

Thanks!!

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

accleo

you dont need to create 3 message mapping you need just one (multimapping) and you Operation Mapping will have the IDoc as outbound service and the 3 service interfaces "in Order you generate them in MM)" as receivers service.

I belive that you configured something wrong in the OM or MM that makes the system assign bad the payload to channels.

please check this out.

RP

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Do you use Packaging? Or split mappings? There are some SAP notes with fixes which may be relevant to you.

1522630 XI runtime: Payload ignored due to parsing error

1582682 XI runtime: Split mapping with XML payload without prolog II

1235842 XI runtime: Packaging & split, payloads are lost

Regards

Mark