cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMS: Creation of new tabs for reference elements of ENHANCE BADis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am on a PMS EHP5 implementation (for all practical purposes, it's an EHP4 implementation as we are not using the pre-defined template) and have the below problem.

I have the ENHANCE_FIX and ENHANCE_FREE BADIs included at the VA level (as the requirement is to create immediate child objects for the template through these BADIs). I have a reference element (VB) defined for these BADIs.

Example template (L1 = Level 1, L2 = Level 2, L3 = Level 3):

L1 - VA
---- L2 - VB1
--------- L3 VC1
--------- L3 VC2
---- L2 - VB2
---- L2 - VB3

In the above example template, the ENHANCE* BADIs will add VBs (example: VB4 and VB5) at the L2 level (appearing in the document below VB2 and VB3).

The requirement is to have separate tabs for each VB at the L2 level (so I will have one tab for VA and 5 tabs for VB from the above example).

I am unable to specify creation of new tabs for the reference element VB when I carry out my tabs and process configuration.

I have not been able to find any information on this aspect either. Would appreciate any help that can come my way.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reference objects are not shown in the tab configuration. Only static appraisal elements are possible to select. As you can use the same reference object on different levels you could generate chaos and determination issues as the element could appear at multiple places.

Regards and Groetjes,

Maurice Hagen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Maurice.

I still feel that the product should leave that option to the designer of the solution. There are a lot of solutions which can get chaotic. If designed appropriately, I guess this chaos can be controlled.

At the very least, I am sure that I have not left anything out in configuration. I will raise this with SAP over a CSS.

Thank you for your input.