SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management - Reconstruct payment data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have implement Funds Management with Multi-Year Budget Execution and update profile 00101 (posting date) and realize that my commitment item for vendor account was 40 and not 60 so I have some invoices that are not updated with the payment in FM. How can I reconstruct my data? I used the report RFFMRPFI but is not working as I expect. I still have teh invoice open in FM.

Thank you,

Angela Costa

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Again, like your other question, it could be problematic. You have to delete transactional data, change the category of the commitment (you will be able to do it only directly in the table; otherwise, you'll have to create a new comitment item) and recuild the data with FMN0. You have to make in Test first in order to see that you are able to reconstrcut the data. You can also try to reassign FM data to a new commitment item with correct definition, but I'm not sure that this will work.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Correcting such mistakes in FM is quite 'messy' and have to be executed only if you know exactly what you are doing, which tables to check aftrewards, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, if you create new CI then you can't reconstruct via FMN0(only if you change all correspond tables in FI,but it's not advisable).

Another way, if it's enough to adjust in FM then you can do it via FMWA.

Or reverse all data, create new CI and post again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also you can try do the same operation which I describe in you another post(only change F. transaction in fmci), but you need to test(never done it before)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transaction FMWA is not helpful for my problem. I don´t want to transfer between commitment itens. I have an invoice that is open in FM but is closed (payment already done) in FI. I need to make this invoice became with payment status in FM (57).

0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

There are only 2 ways to make a FI payment be a payment also in FM (value type 57) and it is not related to the financial transaction of the commitment item.

1 - Run of the Payment Selection Program (report RFFMS200)

SPRO -> Public Sector Management -> Funds Management Government -> Actual and Commitment Update/Integration -> Integration -> Define Settings for Payment Transfer

Please check the documentation icon available in front of this line.

2 - Payment Update Online

You check if you are using payment update online in transaction OF29.

It seems to be that you are not using Payment Update online otherwise the value type 57 would be generated automatically in FM table. Therefore, please run the report of item 1.

I dont know in which release you are but from ECC600 on, customers are not allowed to use program RFFMS200 but only use the payment update online.

Therefore, I will give you some additional information regarding Payment Update Online:

CONSULTING NOTES

================

882379 - FMPU_R: Recommendations for the online payment update

435328 - Analysis programs for the payment update

1234391 - Incorrect payment update in FM or in NewGL split information

1030497 - SAP ERP 6.0: Public sector scenarios in new general ledger

Please check carefully the notes. Since Release EA-PS 6.00, only the online payment update in Funds Management using the new general ledger with document splitting is supported. Therefore, you must have NewGl with document splitting. You will find additional information in the PDF attached and also in the notes mentioned above.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

If you use the payment selection (enhanced function) or the online payment update in General Ledger Accounting (new), you have to adhere to certain rules in the posting behavior to create a unique assignment between an invoice document and a payment document. These rules have to be taken into account so that all payments can be converted correctly.

Please review carefully SAP Note 400924 about it.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Thank you Vanessa but I know that information already and I´m using payment online updated. My invoice are not updated because my vendor was associated to a CI with OT 40 and not 60. Now that I realize that was wrong I need to correct the data.

0 Kudos

Angela,

I am sorry, since you didn't mention I thought it was relevant.

In this case, run FM_DLFI and afterwards FMN0 but ONLY for this invoice. Be careful with transaction FM_DLFI.

See documentation of FM_DLFI before running it. Data should be corrected afterwards.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much. I will try and tell you if it works.