cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in deletion of PSA requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For deletion of PSA Requests in single instance i checked the following methods:

1.RSA1old->deletion of PSA from root node of PSA but when i checked requests in PSA(/BIC/B0000183,data source-3FI_GL_0L_TT) it is showing 296 requests where as in RSA1OLD there it is showing only 242 requests so i am able to delete only 242 requests.

Why there is different in requests number in RSA1->Datasource->Manage and in RSA1OLD.In which table we can find exact number of requests in PSA

2.I try to delete requests by going SE14... Obj.Name = /BIC/B000xxxxx000 (add 3 zeros to above table name).. Edit

Select 'Delete Data' radio button... Hit 'Activate and Adjust Database' button.. Then hit 'YES'.

It deletes the records but still i am seeing the requests in PSA so again i have to delete requests manually.So is there any extension to delete the requests also in PSA.

3.I created Delete from PSA process chain by using the following link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a02ba9e7-bb6f-2c10-09b4-e86b9fcba...

But in Delete PSA request process type i mentioned variant as PSA Table, Object name-/BIC/B0000183(Which i found on top of popup when we look PSA requests but when i run process chain it is showing green but there is no deletion of requests.

When i observe messages it is showing as follows:

Job started

step 001 started

entire chain now has status G

Message sent successfully

job finished

Please guide me if there is any note to run process chain successfully.

Thanks&Regards,

narasimha.

Edited by: narasimha02 on May 18, 2011 11:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

But in Delete PSA request process type i mentioned variant as PSA Table, Object name-/BIC/B0000183(Which i found on top of popup when we look PSA requests but when i run process chain it is showing green but there is no deletion of requests.

instead of using the PSA table name use the data source and mention the source system and the number of days.

save the variant and execute, it should delete the previous data.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

1.In RSA1OLD -Select PSA.In root note of PSA->Right click ->Delete PSA data..->In next screen select Data source.

When i select data source the number of requests will get automatically which is diff when i see the same requests in RSA1.

I have selected yesterdays date in before option but the request number doesnt chage in field Number of request in PSA DB Table.

Should i make another settings to get same numbe rof requests as in RSA1.

2.Mistakenly i tried deleting requests using SE14 so could you explain further steps to delete the requests in PSA so moving forward i dont follow this step.

Hi Arvind,

I selected data source as you said in place of PSA name but still there is no deletion of requests.

I thought it is due to patch problem or some configuration? Could you suggest any idea

Thanks&Regards,

naresh

Edited by: narasimha02 on May 19, 2011 8:19 AM

sven_mader2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>1.RSA1old

In the options you have to set a time range.

=> for excample: have you selected requests only for the last year? Therefore you don't see all requests.

>2.I try to delete requests by going SE14

Don't do this. You get inconsistence. There are more then 1 table you have to maintain.

=> You have seen it. You deleted the data, but in RSA1 you see the requests.

=> SE14 is only for experts.

>3.I created Delete from PSA process chain by using the following link

this is the right method.

=> I think, your process variant is't correct. Select the datasource/PSA-Table and set the selection time range.

Sven