cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Package Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query. I want to update my support package level in ECC6 from level 15 to level 18.

I have downloaded the necessary packages.

My question is, if I am not using any specific component, let say HR module. Would it be consider complete if I update all other required packages except for the HR module?

Does it mean that I am already at Level 18?

Thank you in advance Gurus..

Thanks,

IAzir.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add, there is a word called dependency which you have to check before applying spport pack. If you are not using HR module but if this is required to update any other patch then you have to update this also. So it's all depend on the Patch which you want to apply and their dependency.

Regards,

Subhash

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

and to check the dependencies > upload all patches in OCS inbox.

Once done check the dependiencies in SPAM transaction > display all suport pacakages radio button in

next screen expand the tree and check for dependencies.

hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | AO

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all...my queries are answers. I have updated all the packages.

0 Kudos

Any specific reason for updating only some of the components ?

- Nishikant

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My question is, if I am not using any specific component, let say HR module. Would it be consider complete if I update all other required packages except for the HR module?

As Sunny mentioned best practice is to update the whole stack even if you don't use a particular module.

Regards

Juan

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better if you implement whole stack whether you are using some module or not. So, If you are not using, you should upgrade SAP HR as well.

If you are using EHP's then you can leave HR package if you are not using it.

Thanks

Sunny