cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White space at the right side of the window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

When running a web dynpro application, a white space is preserved at the right side of the window. It seems that this is some sort of placeholder for a scroll bar. But when there is no scroll bar needed, a white area is kept.

Anyone noticed this before or knows a solution?

Working with Netweaver 2004 SP 15.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Christophe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you using any transparent containers in your application?.

if you are using this, then check the stretchedHorizontally property. if it is true change it to false.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Those things don't solve it.

When running the application without portal it looks like a disabled scroll bar and in the portal it is a white bar.

I want to remove that disabled scroll bar.

BR,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if the "scrollingMode" property of the root Container is set to "none" or not.

Regards,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The root container is a transparant container and thus has no 'scrollingmode' property.

That is a group property.

BR,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe,

This is known issue. It has nothing with types of containers you are using. Simply CSS for WD application defines margins for BODY (actually, does not redefines browsers' default 10pt value) and reserve space for scroller.

You may either try to edit whole WD Theme with Web Dynpro Theme Editor, or, if you WD application runs in portal, you may try to tweak iView settings.

VS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

Thanks for the repley. Good suggestion.

But what do you mean with tweaking the iView settings. Just playing around with them? Or do you have something specific in mind?

BR,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christophe,

Frankly, I've never done this personally -- I only heared from my co-workers that it's possible to customize iView to remove this effect.

If you mail me (see business card) I'll send you alterantive workaround.

VS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try setting the right padding on the root conatiner.

Regards, Anilkumar