cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

derivation issue for shelf life calculation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Condition 1 :We have maintain the condition of BDS1 for material 0002276287 to material 0000101426 as a BDR1 condition so that the production date will be transfer from material 0002276287 to material 0000101426

Condition 2 :We have maintain the condition of BDS1 for material 0000101426 to material 0080544910 as a BDR1 condition so that the production date & shelf life date will be transfer from material 0000101426 to material 0080544910

Now when I create process order as per above condition system calculates the production date of material 0000101426 by coping the production date of material 0002276287: which is OK

Now we have also maintain user exit in which at the time of confirmation the shelf life date will be reduce by one days.: again this works OK

Issue is that when I make UD system again calculate the shelf life date & change the date which is calculated at the time of confirmation. Can anyone tell me how to restrict system to calculate the shelf life at the time of UD , but allow system to calculate same at the time of process order release.

I have tried transaction DVCO but if I delete the condition for usage decision then for release the condition will also get deleted. So I think this will not be a way out.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Issue is that when I make UD system again calculate the shelf life date & change the 
date which is calculated at the time of confirmation.

what i understand from your statment that sysem shoyld not overwrite existing shelf life during derivation event triggered at the time of ud. If yes, then check with below settings.

In transection DVR1. go to rules tab and set Error or warning for Overwrite Recipent.

Regads,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Dhaval,

Waht you have said seems to be logical, I have tried it. (bu maintaining "Overwrite Recipient" as error & also tick on "Recipient Does Not Send"

But i come to conclusion that still system update the shelf life.

do you know why system behave like this ?

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case it works perfectly all right (at the time of order release). If shelf life expiry date is already there in receipemt batch then i can see one error msg in derivation pop up screen,.

which is,

Receipent,

Date of Manufacture 30.03.2011 For HSDAT error rule "Do not overwrite receiving field" broken (01.05.2011)

and evenafter accepting the derivation event system didn't over write the existing shelf life value.

Check whether you are getting this error msg in derivation pop screen or not. if not then something is missing in your master data for derivation.

Regards,

Dhaval

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot dhaval,

proble solved

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think ud and process order release both are maintan as derivation event in DVC8.

If this is the case then remove the procedure from ud and then check the result.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to maintain in assignment of search procedure for derivation event in DVC8 for event Release of Proces / Production order and check with derivation.

Hope this works.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks tejas for reply,

DVC8 is client level configuration; i just want this condition only for this material.

I was under the impression that transaction DVCO, (it is material specific) will solve my problem as there are events in selection screen.

But here if make any changes in derivation event "usage decision" then same changes are seen in u201Crelease process order"

My requirement is system should calculate shelf life at the time of order release, but at the time of UD system should not calculate, this is only for particular material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right. DVC8 is client level config. But I have used that only since my requirement was also at client level to activate batch derivation in general for all materials. However, even if you maintain this client level config. then also derivation will be done only in case you maintain sender receiver condition records in BDR1 / BDS1.

You can decide based on your suitablility & business requirement.

So now your issue is resolved or still any problem?

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is that I have maintained BDS1 & BDR1 condition for this material in transaction DVCO. This I have maintained through transaction DVS1 & DVR1.

I can see same configuration if select the release condition of usage decision condition as a derivation event in transaction DVCO.

If I delete any condition from any one then other get affected.

Is there any way out, which will only allow particular material to calculate shelf life only at the time of release process order.

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

how to restrict system to calculate the shelf life at the time of UD

Consult with your qm quy, may be its due to some follow up action triggered at the time of ud.

Regards,

Dhaval