Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

derivation issue for shelf life calculation.

Condition 1 :We have maintain the condition of BDS1 for material 0002276287 to material 0000101426 as a BDR1 condition so that the production date will be transfer from material 0002276287 to material 0000101426

Condition 2 :We have maintain the condition of BDS1 for material 0000101426 to material 0080544910 as a BDR1 condition so that the production date & shelf life date will be transfer from material 0000101426 to material 0080544910

Now when I create process order as per above condition system calculates the production date of material 0000101426 by coping the production date of material 0002276287: which is OK

Now we have also maintain user exit in which at the time of confirmation the shelf life date will be reduce by one days.: again this works OK

Issue is that when I make UD system again calculate the shelf life date & change the date which is calculated at the time of confirmation. Can anyone tell me how to restrict system to calculate the shelf life at the time of UD , but allow system to calculate same at the time of process order release.

I have tried transaction DVCO but if I delete the condition for usage decision then for release the condition will also get deleted. So I think this will not be a way out.

Former Member
replied

Hi,

In my case it works perfectly all right (at the time of order release). If shelf life expiry date is already there in receipemt batch then i can see one error msg in derivation pop up screen,.

which is,

Receipent,

Date of Manufacture 30.03.2011 For HSDAT error rule "Do not overwrite receiving field" broken (01.05.2011)

and evenafter accepting the derivation event system didn't over write the existing shelf life value.

Check whether you are getting this error msg in derivation pop screen or not. if not then something is missing in your master data for derivation.

Regards,

Dhaval

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question