Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERM background jobs "waiting"

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Any jobs I create in ERM - apart from those I schedule manually with "immediate" start - remain in status "waiting" forever and do not get processed.

This applies to periodic updates of transaction/object/activity data etc, as well as to automatically scheduled jobs with type "immediate", such as "Role Approver Update" after I have changed the workflow - approval criteria.

Deactivating/Activating the jobs doesn't help, either.

Am I missing something? Jobs in other capabilities are working fine, so surely it is not a problem with the background daemon itself?

Thanks and regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 1455887 - ERM Jobs are displaying "Waiting" status and not running.

Thanks

Sunny

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hint to the note, Sunny.

The note describes the problem, however the resolution is a bit funny. It really justs says that this is by design - surely, however, jobs hovering in "waiting" status without ever being executed cannot be "by deign"?

I not sure if I understand the note correctly.

Regards

Patrick

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per note, as soon as job finished it again goes in waiting state for next run. If it is not your case then I think you should raise an OSS.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue and the job does not start therefore is cant be completed. Let me know what you find!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you upgraded your support pack recently?

Regards,

Chinmaya

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chinmaya,

Haven't upgraded recently. It's a pretty fresh installation of a DEV system that is on SP 14.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are your RAR background jobs completing successfully? Sometimes threads go to inactive state due to backend system shutdown or connection broken. In that case restarting the server resumes the thread.

Regards,

Sabita

Edited by: Sabita Das on May 19, 2011 3:15 AM