Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable pallets handling

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a scenario where the client gets some typical pallets from the vendor. These they want to show on their valuated inventory. They collect these over a period of time and then hand over to a different agent who then gives them a credit note in return.

Is there a standard way of handling this scenario?

I have checked the RTP scenario but that will not be applicable in our case as in RTP the packaging material is still in the ownershipship of the vendor.

Regards,

V S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. MM01 - Create these Pallets as valuated materials (With Qty & Value Update).

2. OX09 - Create a Storage Location as "Valuated RTP"

3. MMSC/MM01 - Maintain Pallet Material for this storage location

4. MIGO - During GR against PO for the actual ordered material, instead of taking pallets as "Transport Equipment" i.e. TRP Material, just take it as a "Non-Ordered Item" (This button is just before the Transport Equipment button). As a result of this, you will get the option of entering the Pallet Material, Qty, Plant, Storage Location of valuated RTP, etc... with Movement Type "501" and After Posting the Material Document, you will get this stock in your valuated inventory.

This will alos provide the inventory qty of pallets based on the storage location

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

seems to be a good suggestion...

But how do I get rid of these valuated RTP materials? Against what should I post the credit note in the system?

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To send back these pallets to the Agent, create Agent as a Vendor in system. And then follow Return PO Process.

1. ME21N - Create a Returns PO (Activate "Returns" indicator for PO line item)

2. MIGO - Goods Receipt > Purchase Order (Returns PO) (Here system will hit Mvmt type "161" and you can also select Un-restricted/blocked stock from where you want to return the stock)

3. MIRO - Credit memo w.r.t. Returns PO.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member824495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As your client will send back the material, there is no sense in maintaining its valuation.

Better follow standard RTP material process.

Create material with type LEIH.

Take the stock using 501 M. At the time of return, issue it with 502 M.

ANyways you will get to see the stock of these materials in the system.

v_s6
Participant
0 Kudos

I cannot use RTP as these pallets are owned by us when they are lying in our premises and not by the vendor.

these pallets are given to a third party and we get a credit note in return from them (this third party is not the same vendor who supplied the pallets)