Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking and posting goods issue for a Outbound Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I know this has been asked several times on these forums and on the web but I have failed to get a clear understanding of what I need to do and what I can do regarding changing the Picked Quantity on a Outbound Delivery from .NET Connector 3 and then posting a goods issue so the quantity of materials in the Warehouse is decreased.

The scenario is that the customer will create a Sales Order (and maybe even the Outbound Delivery) in SAP. We will then extract the Sales Order rows to a handheld terminal and the user is then supposed to head out into the Warehouse and "Pick" the materials.

Once he or she is done we need to update the quantity of the materials in the warehouse.

In order to acomplish this, i've found the following BAPI/FM:

BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CREATE_SLS - If the handheld device is supposed to create the Outbound Delivery

WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE(_2) - Update the Picked Quantity on the Outbound Delivery

BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CONFIRM_DEC - Update the PickedQuantity on the Outbound Delivery and/or post the goods issue

I haven't been fully successfu in invoking WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE(_2) or BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CONFIRM_DEC. I have been successful in invoking WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE_2 and changed the Picked Qty but the status flags on the Outbound Delivery did not update correctly if i remember correctly. Even if i picked the same qty as was specified on the Outbound Delivery it still said that I had not started a pick.

I've also noticed that when i create a Outbound Delivery using the BAPI and then open it in SAP, it says that it's Overal Picked Status is Completed even though I have not picked anything...

So I could realy use some help regarding which BAPI/FM I need to invoke and with which parameters.

My first thoughts were to use the BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE but it blocks when I invoke it with GM_Code 03 and MOVE_TYPE 601.

Best regards,

Mikael

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your Delivery is Batch-managed, do MI10 before Picking.

And use SD_DELIVERY_UPDATE_PICKING_1 for Picking.

Also change your Delivery qty before Picking if qty is changed then Pick.

Regards,

Goutam

0 Kudos

We were planning on notifying SAP which Batch was Picked from instead of letting SAP choose for us. Is MI10 still relevant then and why exactly do we need it?

I will try and use SD_DELIVERY_UPDATE_PICKING_1 to update the Picked Qty. From what I can see using SE37 it is not possible to cause a Post Goods Issue using it, or am i wrong?

A little side-question here, I was wondering what WS_, SD_, etc. stand for and how it's possible to find out that they exist? I've only been using the BAPI Explorer to try and find the BAPI functionality that I need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I seem to have found the information I required here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Simulating+the+Sales+Cycle+with+BAPI's

I'm going to keep this post active because I'd still like answers to my questions and any advice that you might be willing to share in regards to what I am trying to do.

Edited by: Mikael Nensén on May 18, 2011 3:52 PM