cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block ME32K / when launched by user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have maid a Transaction Variant ZME32K to replace ME32K for some users, as they don't have the right to modify all the fields.

But we had a program who has to CALL ME32K through a BADI. Then the admins decided to give the right to the ME32K transaction.

Now I need to see my options to be able to send a message to the user as he launches ME32K, that he has no right on this transaction and that he must use ZME32K.

I was looking for Exits, Enhancement points or any other appropriate way to make this happen.

All good contributions will be rewarded.

Thaks to you all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't want to use ME32K and also don't want to allow any of user to use this (i.e. Complete No Use of ME32K in System by any one) then better lock this Transaction Code in SM01. take help of BASIS Consultant to do so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually not all users won't have access, I only want those who have the Transaction Variant ZME32K to be unable to use ME32K.

Thank you for your response though

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried controlling this with authorization using object S_TCODE? (Again BASIS help is required)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned earlier, these users have been restricted over the fields they can change on the contracts. And they were originally given only the tcode of ZME32K. However another Transaction needed to CALL ME32K through a BADI which was updating Contracts.

Therefore to make the BADI work without rebuilding a ZBADI which would make us change many things into specific, we allowed the transaction.

We want now to be able to check :

IF TCODE = ZME32K

put an error Message : Please use ZME32K

ELSE

CONTINUE

ENDIF

Or any other solutions, but definitely can't do it via the roles because we actually tried and we had to put the tcode back again.

Hope it is clearer now ?

Edited by: tatan555 on May 18, 2011 11:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a way of controlling it by doing an implicit enhancement.

So I close the question.

Thank you for your time