cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route determination in Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on a project for a mid size chemical company . It will be highly appreciated if anyone clarify my doubts

As of now routes are not defined in SAP. So the system is not picking the routes whenever we are creating STO (PO) followed by Outbound delivery. Planned delivery date from our four source locations to 33 depots (defined as customer)is maintained in material master.

What are things i should define in SAP so the system picks route for a particular destination? I have defined 8 zones for our factory and each zone is having close to 4 or 5 depots. On the whole i should define 4*33 = 132 routes in SAP please tell me this approach is right.

Also there are at times we are also doing inter depot transfer.In that case should i have to define 33*33+132 = 1221 routes in Routes and stages? Please suggest a good approach for this.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

check this link

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/RouteDeterminationConfiguration

STO process system determines same route detemintaion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

The wiki link is useful. But still i'm having some doubts in SD. Forgive my newness in SAP.

Explain me with a example of one source location and two depots. Transfers are possible from anywhere to anywhere.

If these locations are in different transportation zone how would you go for that? Bcoz in routes and stages if i define S1 to D1 distance ,Trans lead time and Transit time everything.Also if i define routes and stages from S1 to D2.

Will the system determines the route if we are transferring from D1 to D2? In that case overall i should define 3 routes rite..

Regards,

Arasu