cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We need to link the documents in DMS to the Non standard SAP object (eg: Student record in SLCM module, Transaction :PIQST00)

I have found in SAP help that the linkage between any SAP object with DMS is possible through Z development. Basically two steps are involved in the process of customization for adding new object links.First step is to create a new screen and link that in the DMS side.

1.Program two screens for the following module pools for the SAP object that is to be

linked additionally:

u2013 SAPLCV00

u2013 SAPLCVIN

The process logic must be according to that of screen 0204 in program SAPLCV00 and

must not be changed.

Here, what is the use of creating two screens since we are using single screen for new SAP object in Object Link tab. Why can't we create a new screen by copying any one of the existing screen (eg: SAPLCV00) and change the flow logic for the requirement?

2. Create the function module OBJECT_CHECK_XXXX (XXXX = name of the SAP object).

If this object can be classified, this function module already exists in the standard

system. Otherwise, copy the existing function module OBJECT_CHECK_EQUI (linking of

equipment) and change it to suit the new object.

Here, If we create a new function module by copying the existing function module OBJECT_CHECK_EQUI (linking of

equipment) then it is sufficient to change the table & field names in the new fm.

The second step is to create the new screen and to call the same from the other SAP object which needs to be linked. The SAP help document gives the procedure for the first step only and there is no standard procedure available for the second step. Is there any solution to call the DMS screen from the other SAP object?

Thanks in advance

Raja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

No there is not any other method. first you have to map the object in dms object link and then call from that object's t-code to view dms documents. This is the only method.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra

Thanks...

Please let me put my question in different way...If we do the customization to provide the object linking for Non Standard SAP objects then what are the customization(Z development) to be done to view the DMS documents from that object's t-code.

The SAP help document gives the procedure to create a new screen and link the object in the DMS side. But the linking should be in both ways.That means we should be able to link the Objects in DMS side & view the DMS documents from object's t-code.

Can you please let me know the steps to create the new object linking using Z development or please send some documents which will help me most...

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

For various non standard objects there are tables which need to map with dms object link tabs , if type is structure then abap'r should make a view of it in object link.

for the screen of that object , you need to use screen exit to see dms document links same like in standard objects. This abap;r can do easily.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ....

Raja