cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading sales from R3 to BW and from BW to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am Suvecha having little bit knowledge in APO. I want to know about the exact sense of "LOADING DATA FROM R/3 TO BW AND BW TO APO". Also clarify me whether it is APO BW or SAP BW. Also send me the exact scenario in real time.

Thanks to one and all

Suvecha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murugesan, thank you for your quick reply in an understandable way. Also let me know the scenario from BW InfoCube to APO Infocube and then to planning area. Can you tell me what are the transaction codes comes into this picture and in which system we use those codes?

Regards

Suvecha

Edited by: SSuvecha on May 18, 2011 10:06 AM

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suvecha,

The transaction codes are like RSA1 - Data warehousing Work bench modeling, SBIW - Data Transfer to the business information warehouse . The communication between the R3 and APO is facilitated by RFC. These transactions are common to APO and R3.

/SAPAPO/TSCUBE - Load planning area version ( used for loading data from info cubes into planning area (live-cache) ). The sequence of programs to be executed cab be created as process chains in transaction RSPC. These transactions in APO.

Thanks and regards

Murugesan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Murugesan. I appreciate your helping hands. Also, I am much grateful to the moderators and the site creators for their great idea.

thanks & Regards

Suvecha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because, I am yet not understand the scenario of how the data flows from Infocube to liveCache. So, I marked it as Unanswered. Thank you

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Suvecha,

The APO scenario can be of two types. One scenario you may have separate BW system (separate server) and the other scenario is using the internal BW in the APO server itself i.e using the internal BW which is available in APO server.

In either case, the data from R/3 is loaded from R3 to APO by Data sources. The data from R3 is extracted by data sources using extraction structures and uploaded into the BW info cubes. The data data source will have a extraction structure, the fields from the R3 data will be mapped to the fields of data source by extraction structure. The data is extracted from source system i.e. from R3 and then updated into the info cubes by update or target structure (i.e mapping of fields to the key figures and characteristics of info cubes) and update rules ( for mapping source field and target field if any calculation is required it can be made by using some routines).

From the info cubes, it is loaded into APO live-cache (planning area). Hoe this clarifies your query.

Thanks and regards

Murugesan