cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value field from Manual Invoice FI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is it possible to create a value field to record the quantity of the materials sold through manual invoice of FI?

Well, there are some materials which won't be sold via SO in our system, and hence when it is sold, it will be recorded through fb70 of FI. Well, I think there is no problem for the revenue and cogs.

Thank you very much for your inputs

Best Regards,

Erwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge it is not possible in direct FI tcodes like FB01, FB70 etc to record quantity in the FI document. So then how can this be passed to COPA if it is not available in the source document ?

regards

Waman

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge it is not possible in direct FI tcodes like FB01, FB70 etc to record quantity in the FI document. So then how can this be passed to COPA if it is not available in the source document ?

regards

Waman

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Waman

Its possible to record Qty in FI Doc... I have used this field in F-02.. For sure, it must be available in FB70 as well

You need to allow the QTy Field in OBC4 and OB41

br, Ajay M

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Can you please describe in detail how this can be done in OBC4 ? I tried just now and cannot find any settings to do so.

regards

Waman

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Waman

Refer this screen shot http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/64/forwamanobc4.jpg/

I hope you are the same Waman working with SAP India... you replied to my 1st OSS msg which I raised wayback in 2007.. Thanx for all your support in my initial days w/o which I would not be here today

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay and Waman

Thank you both for your interest in my thread.

Ajay, i have tried to create the qty value field, and assign it in FI PA Transfer structure in KEI1. but i still can't manage to derive the value from FI invoice into that vallue field in COPA.

As far as i know, obc4 (field status group) is only used for determining whether a field is possible for input or not, right?

Well, in my case, in FB70, the qty field is already set as optional entry.

Please kindly suggest further,

Thank you very much

Best Regards,

Erwin Hartono

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Ajay. Yes i am the same Waman from SAP India. I remember your name from OSS. Where are you now ? You seem to be engaged in SDN on full time basis. If possible let me know your contact details as you seem to be very knowledgable in CO.

regards

Waman

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin

Then try your hand @ the Exit.. Prefer COPA002 over 005

@ Waman: For the last 1 year, I am assigned to projects where am not much occupied... So I started SDN to utilize my spare time and to promote learning as well... Slowly, it became an addiction

Presently in Hyd... You can connect with me on my Linked In profile through SCN Business Card... As per forum rules, not allowed to share the contact details here

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am so glad that both of you know each other, 😃

About that user exit, do u mean that i have to write an ABAP code to populate the qty from fb70 into valued field xxxx?

Is there any way around this? as i am kind of new to user exits, but i am willing to learn

However, if there is any standard way, i would try that first

And Ajay, I have to thank you too, you have supported me since i was very new.

If you remember the first time i post here, that was the very first time i started.

Once again, thank you

Best Regards,

Erwin Hartono

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin

You just need to ask your ABAPer to use the exit COPA0002 or COPA0005

The exit has an interface to the GL Accounts used in FI... Using the data entered in the GL Account (i.e After reading the Qty) populate the same in the desinated Value Field VVXXX

I have a strong feeling that COPA0005 will be the right one.. But prefer COPA0002 over 0005 as far as possible

You can read the documentation of these exits in SMOD T code

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Actually, it is solved using the standard customizing settings

Thank you very much to both of you

Best Regards,

Erwin H

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin

Which Standrad settings? PA Trf Striucture OR KE4M ??? Can you please detail it

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

It is KEI1, but you have to assign the source cost element to it as well

Thank you very much

BR, Erwin

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin

Go to KEI1

Add a new assignment line to PA Trf Str FI

Tick the Check Box "Qty Billed / Delivered" and assign a QTy Field (ABSMG would also do) to this assignment line... DO NOT assign any GL Account in the SOURCE

I think this should work...

If this does not work, then

a. Use Exit COPA0002 / COPA0005

b. Enter the Qty in the QUANTITY field in your FI Doc... (Allow this in FSG in OBC4)

c. Populate COPA QTy field from FI Qty Field

br, Ajay M