cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MDM MS Visio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is, i need to introduce delay in the between two syndication steps steps in the Visio workflow.

For ex, first i syndicate MATMAS05, then the user changed data and again in need to syndicate the MATMAS again, through workflow.

thank and regards

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

a wait will not work in ur case

put a process step instead

WF steps

1. syndicate -> 2. checkout - task to user -> 3. user finishes task and checks in -> 4. syndicate (this time only changed data)

this is straight fwd and should work

thanks

-Adrivit

Are u using PI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

User has already syndicated first MATMAS,

he dosent want to syndicate matmas again and the data chnged are done through assignment on tuple.

regards

abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

if the syndication is done manually then theres no problem i suppose

but if its thru WF - then putting a time wait is a disastrous solution as these communications are all asynchronous in nature

so if you are saying there is a sequence in which the idocs has to reach ECC 1. create then only 2. validation

use the PI for the same purpose - PI can send the idocs to ECC in a sequence - MDM cant sequence this.

hth

thanks

-Adrivit

Edited by: Adrivit on May 18, 2011 1:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

I agree with Adrivit. Sequencing should be handled in PI or even best in ECC. This will make the solution full proof.

We had a similar scenario where we did the sequencing in ECC. The function module processing MATMAS should be customized to serach for existing material records in ECC.

thanks-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, it would be really helpful if you could explain the process on how to achieve sequencing in PI.

For now i have syndicate a CLFMAS Idoc in between the two MATMAS Idoc.

I guess this a temperory solution not a full proof solution.

regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Your question is not very clear.

If you say that the MATMAS is syndicated and it has to be syndicated again when there is some change in the data, it can be done if your workflow has the syndicate step and it is triggered automatically when there is a record update.

This will not involve delaying the syndicating step.

Regards,

Sravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the specific requirement is that, a material can only be valuated once the material has been created.

for ex, 1234567890 material coe first has to be created and then its valuation type local imported can be maintained.

So i need to syndicate MATMAS05 twice. first to created the material and second to send its valuation.

But when the idoc is reaching in ECC, they both are getting triggered simultaneously, one passes second fails.

so i need to introduce some delay in between the two syndicate of matmas05.

hope i am clear now, with the requirement