Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Method

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all CHAMPS,

Tolerance Days (A/P)

The number of days you enter here determines which open invoices will be displayed in the Payment Wizard. not understand

????????

and If i attach PAYMENT METHOD to any BP today then can i make outgoing payment through payment wizard day before today invoices????

thanks,

RAJPUT

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajput,

within the payment wizard tolerance days set in the payment run default settings are the days that the system will subtract from the due date in the document.

For example:

The posting date of the invoice is 01.05.2011, the due date is 11.05.2011.

In Step 4 of 9 you enter the due date as 11.05.2011

Setting in Payment run defaults:

0 tolerance days -> the invoice will be recommended for payment

1+ tolerance days -> the invoice will not be recommended for payment but is included in the Non-Included Transactions report with the message:

Document due date is later than the date calculated by 'AP Due Date' minus 'Tolerance Days'

These tolerance days give the company the opportunity to record properly the due date of the AP invoice in the system while allowing to automatically push out the actual payment according to the tolerance days our company has experienced. If our suppliers are habitually allowing a few days after the actual due date of the invoice before they issue dunning letters or otherwise penalise our company, then it is advantageous for us to hold on to our funds for as long as possible.

All the best,

Kerstin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kerstine,

As per concern and your valuable answer some points are clear but if i gave 2 day in tollrence days field then ...

1) My due date is 19.6..2011 and document date 18.05.2011 and tollrence days 2 then in step 4 of 9 due date is 17.06.2011.....??...

am i right???

2) without payment method attach with any BP i generate 1 invoice after attch payment method i make 2 invoice ...

now i want run payment wizrd then both of invoices come there???

3) if i make only service invoice and i wanna choose that invoice with my vendor ...will it come there????

4) iF WE WANT TO PRINT "CHK" THEN WHERE WE GIVE THE CHEQUE NO ?

awaiting for your valuable ANSWER

tahnks,

RAJPUT

Edited by: JITENDRA.SAP on May 18, 2011 5:35 PM

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajput,

Forum etiquette is to only have 1 topic per thread, please post your other questions in separate threads.

Regarding your scenario:

Due date on invoice = 19.6.2011

Due date in step 4 of the PW = 19.06.2011

Tolerance days in the payment run defaults = 2

With the 2 tolerance days you're telling the application that although the due date on the document is 19.06, the supplier will happily wait 2 days longer for payment. Thus the PW will assume 21.06. as the actual due date & not offer this invoice for payment on 19.06.. It will be shown in the 'Non-Included Transactions' report in step 6.

All the best,

Kerstin

Answers (0)