SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS Retail - Mechandise category hierarchy value only articles

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP IS Retail, we can assign value only articles for merchandise category. How can we assign value only articles to merchandise category hierarchy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

You are correct.Every MC Hierarchy will have a value only article.

With my knowledge,when we create a MC hier archy it will automatically create a value only article for the hierarchy.

This we can observe,when we assign MC hierarchy to MC ,Next to level ,we have one column with hierarchy article.

It will get filled automatically when you assign the MCH to MC.

But i am not sure whether we can change the system proposed one. If some can add value to this,i will be happy.

regards,

Ramakrishna Nuthalapati.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

dilip_choudhury
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Articles are always assigned to the merchandise categories, and never to the merchandise category hierarchy levels.

Note :

Merchandise category hierarchy levels: You can only assign merchandise categories or other merchandise category hierarchy levels to merchandise category hierarchy levels

Thanks

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

You are right. Articles will be assigned to Merchandise category. But we can maintain value only article for Merchandise category hierarchy also. Pls check the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/12/084a51470311d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

How to maintain value only article for merchadise category hierarchy?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi

Here is step

1>Create Value-only article in MM41 with combination of Merchandise category system automatically assign the Value-only article to MC

2>The next step create Merchandise Category Hierarchy Assignments in CLW1- : Assign the MC to MCH

3>Check your structure in t-code WGUS - Enter the MH , Select all MC object , execute: Now check all assignment.

Thanks

Dilip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

You are correct.Every MC Hierarchy will have a value only article.

With my knowledge,when we create a MC hier archy it will automatically create a value only article for the hierarchy.

This we can observe,when we assign MC hierarchy to MC ,Next to level ,we have one column with hierarchy article.

It will get filled automatically when you assign the MCH to MC.

But i am not sure whether we can change the system proposed one. If some can add value to this,i will be happy.

regards,

Ramakrishna Nuthalapati.