Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Assignment required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My senerio is this : -

(1) I am creating delivery with batch split ...

(2) Sometimes inspection lot created with batch assignment & I am able to record the result & UD but some times system made inspection lot with full delivery qty and when I am tried to record the result system given an error for "batch assignment required" . I am not able to understand why some system do other procedure & some time do other...

Can anyone help me out...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this an outgoing delivery, inspection type 10? If so, the inspection lot is created when the delivery is created. So the lot will be sitting out there with the status BREQ, batch required. You must be using a batch managed material.

Untill a delivery is fully picked, the batch number is not assigned to the inspection lot. I believe this is the difference you are seeing. In some cases, SD might assign the batches either directly in the sales order, (which transfers to the delivery), or they assign them in delivery before the lab does the testing. You might also have automatic batch selection which might pick the batches in some cases, but in other cases no batches are found and it requires a manual intervention to select batches.

In other cases, if shipping hasn't yet completed the SAP transactions to assign the batches to the delivery before the lab completes testing, you'll get the error you are seeing. In some busineses they test the batches before making the assignment so they don't have to unpick the delivery if a particular batch fails testing. Doing that, means the lab has to wait to record the results until later, after SD finishes picking the delivery.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is error msg number ? is it error message QV044 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No message number is generated but system gives "Status check Error" Box in which there are 3 tab options (1) Detailed Info (2) status display (3) cancel and when we click on detailed info itl gives message "batch assignment required"